a question roting mah soul! -graphics cards-

which is better?

• Total voters

Robert Garnica

Reputable
Jul 29, 2014
well as the peasant i am i just can afford to read reviews of the graphics cards i desire with all my soul and a question came into my mind, a question who's rotting mah soul!

dual titan z
or
dual r9 295 x2

price wise it's obiously ... obvious (?) that the 295 has the heads up but what about 4k ultra settings or features or space or temperatures?

i know some would say ''get a pair of 780 ti in sli'' or '' a pair of titan black in sli'' or even ''get a pair of r9 290x in crossfireX'' but i specifically want to know about which of this two is better

which of this two do you think it's worth getting?

R9 295X2 Crossfire would be my 1st option, in performance it comes out on top in most cases and for the price difference, much better value. Temperatures are even better then the titan, thanks to the water cooling system in-built by Asustek.

You may ask why the R9 295X2 is better, here is one very good reason -

R9 295X2 - 500W TDP, Two GPU's means each one is 250W TDP, each R9 290X has a 250W TDP, so there is no underpowering going on there, compared to the R9 290X, only a small underclock is done.

Titan-Z - 375W TDP, Two GPU's means each one is 187.5W TDP, each Titan Black as a 250W TDP, so there is a huge amount of underclocking done as the GPU's are much underpowered.

Thus the R9 295X2 comes out top, in performance, cooling and price. The clear winner.