Looking for the guide

My receiver took me to G1 to supposedly download the IPG. But when I
got there it never updated, and I still have "NO INFO.".

Any idea what transponder on G1 I should be going to?

Take care,
Rich

God bless the USA
--
Nothing is work unless you'd rather be doing something else.

-attributed to various authors
10 answers Last reply
More about guide
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Rich Piehl wrote:
    > My receiver took me to G1 to supposedly download the IPG. But when I
    > got there it never updated, and I still have "NO INFO.".
    >
    > Any idea what transponder on G1 I should be going to?

    Never mind...found it.

    G1 tr 23

    Take care,
    Rich

    God bless the USA
    --
    Nothing is work unless you'd rather be doing something else.

    -attributed to various authors
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Am I missing something, I thought it was G0

    Rich Piehl wrote:
    > Rich Piehl wrote:
    >
    >> My receiver took me to G1 to supposedly download the IPG. But when I
    >> got there it never updated, and I still have "NO INFO.".
    >>
    >> Any idea what transponder on G1 I should be going to?
    >>

    > Never mind...found it.
    >
    > G1 tr 23
    >
    > Take care,
    > Rich
    >
    > God bless the USA
  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Small Fish wrote:
    > Am I missing something, I thought it was G0

    The TVN channels, which previously carried the EPG in the data stream
    and were on G0, suddenly ceased operation on March 30.

    The new location for the data stream for the EPG is G1, tr 23. Your
    dish should have moved there overnight, instead of G0.

    Take care,
    Rich

    God bless the USA

    --
    Nothing is work unless you'd rather be doing something else.

    -attributed to various authors
  4. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Just phoned NetLink. Per the tech guy- there is no
    IPG data on G-1 T-23. He said that chances are
    there is just some residual guide data in your receiver
    that for some unknown reason is now displaying. He
    has no data to support any IPG data showing up on
    that transponder. He said that TEMPORARILY, they
    are able to send hits on that channel. He then
    explained that for 4DTV, there can be no more
    compression than 10 channels on a transponder, and
    that G-1 T-23 has 16 active channels on it, so
    it's not possible for them to use it for IPG data.
    They have not resolved the issue as to where the
    IPG is going to go yet. He stated that Motorola
    uploads the IPG data, and since they "lost" the
    "free" use of sending it on G-0, that they are
    looking for another company that will allow them
    to send it "free" before turning it back on. There
    is not enough money in it for them to pay for the
    use of a transponder. When I asked what I should
    do for a guide in the meantime, I was told "hurry
    up and wait". So for the time being, all 4DTV
    receivers are on "autopilot". My unit did attempt
    to go to G-1 the other night, but since I get no
    signal there (so weak it's unwatchable) I don't
    think anything happened. I did get an e-mail about
    TVN shutting down though, although it could have
    been in my mailbox for a few days, since I don't
    check it often.

    -Web

    In article <v4b3e.1299$Qd.88@fe03.lga>,
    rpiehl5REMOVETHIS@FORNOSPAMcharter.net says...
    > Small Fish wrote:
    > > Am I missing something, I thought it was G0
    > >

    > The TVN channels, which previously carried the EPG in the data stream
    > and were on G0, suddenly ceased operation on March 30.
    >
    > The new location for the data stream for the EPG is G1, tr 23. Your
    > dish should have moved there overnight, instead of G0.
    >
    > Take care,
    > Rich
    >
    > God bless the USA

  5. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    The guy at Netlink has misinformed you. The IPG data is on G1 transponder 3.

    My IPG has been updating for the past 2 days. If he claims that the IPG data is not
    being sent he is wrong.

    "Nunya Bidness" <Doncha@WishuKnew.com> wrote in message
    | Just phoned NetLink. Per the tech guy- there is no
    | IPG data on G-1 T-23. He said that chances are
    | there is just some residual guide data in your receiver
    | that for some unknown reason is now displaying. He
    | has no data to support any IPG data showing up on
    | that transponder. He said that TEMPORARILY, they
    | are able to send hits on that channel. He then
    | explained that for 4DTV, there can be no more
    | compression than 10 channels on a transponder, and
    | that G-1 T-23 has 16 active channels on it, so
    | it's not possible for them to use it for IPG data.
    | They have not resolved the issue as to where the
    | IPG is going to go yet. He stated that Motorola
    | uploads the IPG data, and since they "lost" the
    | "free" use of sending it on G-0, that they are
    | looking for another company that will allow them
    | to send it "free" before turning it back on. There
    | is not enough money in it for them to pay for the
    | use of a transponder. When I asked what I should
    | do for a guide in the meantime, I was told "hurry
    | up and wait". So for the time being, all 4DTV
    | receivers are on "autopilot". My unit did attempt
    | to go to G-1 the other night, but since I get no
    | signal there (so weak it's unwatchable) I don't
    | think anything happened. I did get an e-mail about
    | TVN shutting down though, although it could have
    | been in my mailbox for a few days, since I don't
    | check it often.
    |
    | -Web

  6. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    I second that!

    As of Weds. morn,the day after I read in the satforums about the change,my
    system had moved to G1,later in the afternoon while trying to search for the
    next day's info,I lost what I had,pressed guide and subsequently info and
    got everything back.Today,I searched through to Sunday,pressed info on a
    movie and got it...

    Like Darryl says "The guy at Netlink has misinformed you."

    "DRLev" <fake@ddress.tv> wrote in message
    > The guy at Netlink has misinformed you. The IPG data is on G1 transponder
    > 3.
    >
    > My IPG has been updating for the past 2 days. If he claims that the IPG
    > data is not
    > being sent he is wrong.
    >

    > "Nunya Bidness" <Doncha@WishuKnew.com> wrote in message
    > | Just phoned NetLink. Per the tech guy- there is no
    > | IPG data on G-1 T-23. He said that chances are
    > | there is just some residual guide data in your receiver
    > | that for some unknown reason is now displaying. He
    > | has no data to support any IPG data showing up on
    > | that transponder. He said that TEMPORARILY, they
    > | are able to send hits on that channel. He then
    > | explained that for 4DTV, there can be no more
    > | compression than 10 channels on a transponder, and
    > | that G-1 T-23 has 16 active channels on it, so
    > | it's not possible for them to use it for IPG data.
    > | They have not resolved the issue as to where the
    > | IPG is going to go yet. He stated that Motorola
    > | uploads the IPG data, and since they "lost" the
    > | "free" use of sending it on G-0, that they are
    > | looking for another company that will allow them
    > | to send it "free" before turning it back on. There
    > | is not enough money in it for them to pay for the
    > | use of a transponder. When I asked what I should
    > | do for a guide in the meantime, I was told "hurry
    > | up and wait". So for the time being, all 4DTV
    > | receivers are on "autopilot". My unit did attempt
    > | to go to G-1 the other night, but since I get no
    > | signal there (so weak it's unwatchable) I don't
    > | think anything happened. I did get an e-mail about
    > | TVN shutting down though, although it could have
    > | been in my mailbox for a few days, since I don't
    > | check it often.
    > |
    > | -Web

  7. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Nunya Bidness wrote:
    > Just phoned NetLink. Per the tech guy- there is no
    > IPG data on G-1 T-23. He said that chances are
    > there is just some residual guide data in your receiver
    > that for some unknown reason is now displaying. He
    > has no data to support any IPG data showing up on
    > that transponder. He said that TEMPORARILY, they
    > are able to send hits on that channel. He then
    > explained that for 4DTV, there can be no more
    > compression than 10 channels on a transponder, and
    > that G-1 T-23 has 16 active channels on it, so
    > it's not possible for them to use it for IPG data.
    > They have not resolved the issue as to where the
    > IPG is going to go yet. He stated that Motorola
    > uploads the IPG data, and since they "lost" the
    > "free" use of sending it on G-0, that they are
    > looking for another company that will allow them
    > to send it "free" before turning it back on. There
    > is not enough money in it for them to pay for the
    > use of a transponder. When I asked what I should
    > do for a guide in the meantime, I was told "hurry
    > up and wait". So for the time being, all 4DTV
    > receivers are on "autopilot". My unit did attempt
    > to go to G-1 the other night, but since I get no
    > signal there (so weak it's unwatchable) I don't
    > think anything happened. I did get an e-mail about
    > TVN shutting down though, although it could have
    > been in my mailbox for a few days, since I don't
    > check it often.
    >
    > -Web

    Well, I got my guide last night on G1 - 23, but tonight you are dead on
    right. I cannot get a guide to download there.

    I'm glad I didn't just buy a receiver today and try to set it up!

    Take care,
    Rich

    God bless the USA

    --
    Nothing is work unless you'd rather be doing something else.

    -attributed to various authors
  8. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    I don't know what channel my 922 is accessing.I just leave it on the last
    channel I watched on G1,which in my case would be 600-602.Every morning the
    new IPG is there.

    "Rich Piehl" <rpiehl5REMOVETHIS@FORNOSPAMcharter.net> wrote in message
    > Nunya Bidness wrote:
    >> Just phoned NetLink. Per the tech guy- there is no IPG data on G-1 T-23.
    >> He said that chances are there is just some residual guide data in your
    >> receiver that for some unknown reason is now displaying. He has no data
    >> to support any IPG data showing up on that transponder. He said that
    >> TEMPORARILY, they are able to send hits on that channel. He then
    >> explained that for 4DTV, there can be no more compression than 10
    >> channels on a transponder, and that G-1 T-23 has 16 active channels on
    >> it, so it's not possible for them to use it for IPG data. They have not
    >> resolved the issue as to where the IPG is going to go yet. He stated that
    >> Motorola uploads the IPG data, and since they "lost" the "free" use of
    >> sending it on G-0, that they are looking for another company that will
    >> allow them to send it "free" before turning it back on. There is not
    >> enough money in it for them to pay for the use of a transponder. When I
    >> asked what I should do for a guide in the meantime, I was told "hurry up
    >> and wait". So for the time being, all 4DTV receivers are on "autopilot".
    >> My unit did attempt to go to G-1 the other night, but since I get no
    >> signal there (so weak it's unwatchable) I don't think anything happened.
    >> I did get an e-mail about TVN shutting down though, although it could
    >> have been in my mailbox for a few days, since I don't check it often.
    >>
    >> -Web
    >
    > Well, I got my guide last night on G1 - 23, but tonight you are dead on
    > right. I cannot get a guide to download there.
    >
    > I'm glad I didn't just buy a receiver today and try to set it up!
    >
    > Take care,
    > Rich
    >
    > God bless the USA
    >
    > --
    > Nothing is work unless you'd rather be doing something else.
    >
    > -attributed to various authors
  9. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Valdivar wrote:
    > I don't know what channel my 922 is accessing.I just leave it on the last
    > channel I watched on G1,which in my case would be 600-602.Every morning the
    > new IPG is there.

    I called Superstar last night (yeah, I know, it's all one conglomerate
    with Netlink) and got the same story. Right now there is no IPG
    downloading and Motorola hopes to have a new download location in a few
    days.

    Sure wish there was one place to go that is a definitive source for
    information on this.

    Take care,
    Rich

    God bless the USA

    --
    Nothing is work unless you'd rather be doing something else.

    -attributed to various authors
  10. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    no one wrote:
    > They Also want you to switch to the LITTLE DISH..

    Looks like that may be where I'm headed.... Anything west of G5 is
    impossible for me to get. Was only getting showtime and a few others
    anyhow but if if they're leaving the guide that far west I won't bother
    renewing.

4DTV Satellite Download Video