Overlay for "The Interpreter" appearing on "24" when FF or..

There was an advertisement for the movie "The Interpreter" during "24"
this evening. It had a "Thumbs Up" which would provide more
information and I used the Thumbs up to see the information. Now,
when I'm fast forwarding or fast rewinding I get an overlay in the
center of the screen for the movie.
5 answers Last reply
More about overlay interpreter appearing

    In article <vahh41dqd5bvmhtpbaspuv14ob3dfshi8l@4ax.com>,
    Rich Whalen <whalenr@process.com> wrote:
    >There was an advertisement for the movie "The Interpreter" during "24"
    >this evening. It had a "Thumbs Up" which would provide more
    >information and I used the Thumbs up to see the information. Now,
    >when I'm fast forwarding or fast rewinding I get an overlay in the
    >center of the screen for the movie.

    Does hitting Clear make it go away?

    Does it still happen if you go back to Now Playing and start the show again?

    I've never seen any problem like this.
    --
    mattack@vax.hanford.org

    Rich Whalen wrote:
    > There was an advertisement for the movie "The Interpreter" during "24"
    > this evening. It had a "Thumbs Up" which would provide more
    > information and I used the Thumbs up to see the information. Now,
    > when I'm fast forwarding or fast rewinding I get an overlay in the
    > center of the screen for the movie.

    This story was printed from ZDNet News,
    located at http://news.zdnet.com

    By Richard Shim

    TiVo began testing interactive advertising tools during the weekend as it
    looks to appease companies wary of users' ability to skip over ads.

    The company confirmed late Monday that it released the first in a series of
    advertising features to a random and limited number of subscribers to the
    digital-video recorder service. The first test feature--a tag--pops up on the
    screen when a viewer is fast-forwarding through an advertisement.

    If viewers press the thumbs-up or select button during the half second the tag
    is displayed, they will be redirected to a menu that leads to more information
    about the advertised product. The tag takes up about 25 percent of the screen,
    according to the company. TiVo said it is working with only one advertiser, a
    movie studio, on the trial balloon.

    TiVo has been developing interactive advertising technology for some time, and
    while advertising accounts for just a fraction of TiVo's overall revenue, it
    could become more substantial. The interactive features would give advertisers
    information on consumer interest and, possibly, better access to couch potatoes.

    Interactive advertising was part of TiVo's distribution deal with Comcast
    announced earlier this month.

    The tools will be tested only on Series2 TiVo owners, but once completed could
    be applied to Series 1 and DirecTiVo customers. Subscribers can't opt out of
    the feature, but they can ignore the tags.

    "Our goal is in no way to interfere with the TiVo experience," TiVo spokesman
    David Shane said.

    Some viewers initially experienced technical problems with the advertising
    tag, according to Web postings, which TiVo confirmed and said only affected a
    small group of those involved in the test.

    In article <vahh41dqd5bvmhtpbaspuv14ob3dfshi8l@4ax.com>, Rich Whalen wrote:
    > There was an advertisement for the movie "The Interpreter" during "24"
    > this evening. It had a "Thumbs Up" which would provide more
    > information and I used the Thumbs up to see the information. Now,
    > when I'm fast forwarding or fast rewinding I get an overlay in the
    > center of the screen for the movie.

    As you might imagine, there's a big thread in the TiVoCommunity forum
    (coffeehouse) about this, and TiVo has been participating in the
    thread. The overlay is definitely only supposed to happen when you
    FF through that particular commercial. Obviously, something went
    wrong and they are looking into it.
    Chris

    Have you tried the obvious? www.tiviocommunity.com

    In article <arWdnV9pSM-NHNLfRVn-2Q@comcast.com>, Joe Smith
    <joe@inwap.com> wrote:

    > jdsmd@verizon.net wrote:
    > >>As you might imagine, there's a big thread in the TiVoCommunity forum
    > >
    > > Where is the TivoCommunity forum?
    >
    > Have you tried the obvious? www.tiviocommunity.com

    There's a typo in there. This link is correct and clickable:

    http://www.tivocommunity.com

Ptv Tivo Tivo Movies Video