question about replay and tru calling

is there any way to transfer a show via email i have dvarchive, but
not the older replay?

they had on 2 espisodes of this show and deleted it from replay.

do you know what group i could go to?

TIA
guesswho
5 answers Last reply
More about question replay tru calling

    guesswho <> wrote in news:1vds41pn165s9l69b2ol2d4qecehktbnc8@4ax.com:

    > is there any way to transfer a show via email i have dvarchive, but
    > not the older replay?
    >
    > they had on 2 espisodes of this show and deleted it from replay.
    >
    > do you know what group i could go to?
    >
    > TIA
    > guesswho

    Try the alt.binaries.multimedia newsgroup.

    rampage

    On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 01:14:35 -0500, guesswho <> wrote:

    >is there any way to transfer a show via email

    Usually not. Replay Shows use very large files, which will greatly
    exceed the limits of most email servers.

    > i have dvarchive, but
    >not the older replay?

    I guess you don't have a Replay with a model number in the 4000-5499
    range. You don't have IVS, but that won't stop you from downloading
    from a newsgroup.

    Note that you may need a newsreader OTHER than Outlook Express (that's
    a good idea anyway). You might want to try Agent from
    http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php . There's also a high-speed
    usenet service, in case you want to do this a lot.

    >they had on 2 espisodes of this show and deleted it from replay.
    >
    >do you know what group i could go to?

    Newsgroups are good for this, and a VERY large number of shows are
    available (a lot more than you could find on Poopli). Look for a group
    with "binaries" in the name. There may even be a group specific to
    whatever show you want.

    --
    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx

    still fall for that scam."

    Mark Lloyd wrote:
    > On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 01:14:35 -0500, guesswho <> wrote:
    >

    >>is there any way to transfer a show via email
    >

    > Usually not. Replay Shows use very large files, which will greatly
    > exceed the limits of most email servers.
    >

    >>i have dvarchive, but
    >>not the older replay?
    >>

    > I guess you don't have a Replay with a model number in the 4000-5499
    > range. You don't have IVS, but that won't stop you from downloading
    > from a newsgroup.
    >
    > Note that you may need a newsreader OTHER than Outlook Express (that's
    > a good idea anyway). You might want to try Agent from
    > http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php . There's also a high-speed
    > usenet service, in case you want to do this a lot.
    >

    >>they had on 2 espisodes of this show and deleted it from replay.
    >>
    >>do you know what group i could go to?
    >>

    > Newsgroups are good for this, and a VERY large number of shows are
    > available (a lot more than you could find on Poopli). Look for a group
    > with "binaries" in the name. There may even be a group specific to
    > whatever show you want.
    >

    >>TIA
    >>guesswho

    Try http://www.newzbin.com/ to see what's in binary usegroups.

    Try http://www.YouSendIt.com/ to exchange files up to 1 Gbyte.

    Try http://www.bnr2.org/ (Binary News Reaper) to multithread download
    binaries.

    Henry

    If you had caught me before I hit the delete button... I could have
    burned and snailed to you.. but alas.. Too late

    --
    John F Davis, in Delightful Detroit. WA8YXM(at)arrl(dot)net
    "Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business"

    Henry wrote:
    > Mark Lloyd wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 01:14:35 -0500, guesswho <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> is there any way to transfer a show via email
    >>

    >> Usually not. Replay Shows use very large files, which will greatly
    >> exceed the limits of most email servers.
    >>

    >>> i have dvarchive, but
    >>> not the older replay?
    >>>

    >> I guess you don't have a Replay with a model number in the 4000-5499
    >> range. You don't have IVS, but that won't stop you from downloading
    >> from a newsgroup.
    >>
    >> Note that you may need a newsreader OTHER than Outlook Express (that's
    >> a good idea anyway). You might want to try Agent from
    >> http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php . There's also a high-speed
    >> usenet service, in case you want to do this a lot.
    >>

    >>> they had on 2 espisodes of this show and deleted it from replay.
    >>>
    >>> do you know what group i could go to?
    >>>

    >> Newsgroups are good for this, and a VERY large number of shows are
    >> available (a lot more than you could find on Poopli). Look for a group
    >> with "binaries" in the name. There may even be a group specific to
    >> whatever show you want.
    >>

    >>> TIA
    >>> guesswho
    >>

    > Try http://www.newzbin.com/ to see what's in binary usegroups.
    >
    > Try http://www.YouSendIt.com/ to exchange files up to 1 Gbyte.
    >
    > Try http://www.bnr2.org/ (Binary News Reaper) to multithread download
    > binaries.
    >
    > Henry
    some other newsgroup binary helpful links :

    rar utilities : http://www.rarlab.com/rar_add.htm

    rar, par discussion : http://forums.newsbin.com/viewtopic.php?t=9075

    Henry

Ptv Replaytv Video Email ReplayTV