Case choice conundrum

AMDFaith

Reputable
Jun 22, 2014
The CM storm has a ton o' features (fan controller, hot swap, rotatable HDD mounts) -- but at that price I would just gather a few extra clams and get something with a little more flexibility in fan mounting.

I currently own a HAF 932 -- It was a good case (switched to Corsair 600t) Great airflow, Great fan/Rad mounting
only thing is the case feels a little bulkier than most, being able to top mount the PSU inside the case makes it a little tall.

Carbide 500R is a good choice, with ample cable management slots and grommets it's got good potential and future proof-able. It is a little on the ugly side, but with a little getting used to it'll make a great case.

The INWIN GRone has few good features, silent/turbo mode fan profiles, hot swap dock on the top. But the construction of the case looks a little flimsy and cheap.

NZXT phantom 530 is the same price as the INWIN GRone, sleek white case style, slotted fan mounting holes for greater placement optimization.

BitFenix however, An attractive looking case but with the features it offers it's just not worth the price. Minimal fan mounting spots, not very many cable routing holes.

SovereignVS

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014

Wow. Thanks for that!

Yeah, I think the reason I like the HAF is because it looks powerful.

THe corsair seems pretty good. I actually like the looks better than other Corsairs.

i've read that the IN Win is actually good quality. I don't like that it doesn't have fan mounts on the left panel, but that window is awesome.

NZXT...I've been going back and forth with these cases. Are they good construction? The slotted fan holes are awesome.

ANd I just threw in that Bitfenix...I like the looks., but that's about
it.

Baddd

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
I have the 500r, actually two 500r cases. One was a new build the other a upgrade.

I have no regrets on choosing this case. Cable management, interior space, the included fans, fan controller, and he option to switch the lights on and off are great.

I like the front USB 3 ports near the top, and there is a sort of cup on the top to hold whatever is plugged in.

The case has good airflow, and fits water cooling radiator in the top for even better air flow.

The only downfall I find after owning these cases for 8 months is the lack of dust filters. Not a huge deal of you dust once in a while.

I have no experience with the other cases you mentioned, so will reserve judgement.

AMDFaith

Reputable
Jun 22, 2014
If you like that HAF look then I would go for that one, with the amount of space and flexibility it kicks some a@#.

NZXT cases are usually put together efficiently, just the type of plastic that is used on the bezels and accessories is pretty sub-par.

I have no regrets on choosing this case. Cable management, interior space, the included fans, fan controller, and he option to switch the lights on and off are great.

Corsair cases are ALWAYS good. With great features, they are my preferred choice in cases.

SovereignVS

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014

Yes, corsair is great, but sub par aesthetics.

So I guess it's down to the HAF, the NZXT, or the In Win.

SovereignVS

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014
Quick question...and it may be kind of dumb...but do cases ever get updated? I notice that the HAF932 is a bit old. Am I missing anything from getting a newer version?