Graphics Card Black Screen then Monitor losing signal?

KAJSER

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014
Hello,

I recently reformatted my PC and after 3 years of no issues. Then shortly after my GTX 580 started to black screen when playing games or even when just web browsing. Sometimes the 'kernel mode driver' would recover then other times the screen would go black, the GPU fans would turn up and the monitor would lose signal requiring me to force restart the computer.

My PC Specs:

i7 2600k
GTX 580
8GB RAM
950W Azza PSU

What i've tried:

-Drivers (Both old and new versions)
-Reformatted (Multiple times)
-Manually updating chipset drivers
-Removing all dust

I am completely stumped as to what is causing this, could it be a faulty PSU? I do have a pretty poor brand and am wondering whether its putting out shoddy voltage (if that's even a thing). I am also considering just buying a GTX 770 but am unsure whether I am likely to get the same problems with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

goku1234567890

Distinguished
It could be the power supply but if it would have the power supply then it will be constant restarts or constant crashes, shutting down not the black screen but it would be better to try another power supply to rule out this point. Now it seems to me like a driver issue. What version of windows have you installed is it 32 bit or 64 bit? Are you sure you are installing the drivers for the correct bit? It also could be the graphic card failing can you try another card?