I really don't know where to get started with liquid cooling, can someone help.

sinson

Reputable
May 22, 2014
I need a custom liquid cooling set-up.
The needs seem simple, but I get frustrated with those cluttered websites

LGA 1150 socket

GTX 760 ACX fans (X2)

That's one for the CPU and 2 for the GPU
I have a 1500wt rosewill for power
Size is somewhat of an issue with the 300R Carbide series so some consideration there.

I have 2 choices, either spend between 250-500 or 450-1000 the choice is yours but another
thing to consider is trying not to mix metals, I don't care if it's ugly I just want it to cool down everything very well.

If you have any questions or need any info or specs I will be monitoring this thread often for updates. Thank You in advance for anyone who puts in effort for this.

angelice

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
Honestly I would suggest against doing water cooling on your main rig, do it on a test system get some practice setting it up and checking it because well burning your system up would be expensive.

sinson

Reputable
May 22, 2014
Angelice, this rig is my tester. I'm just putting other peoples Ideas to work here. I have a custom setup on my primary gaming system. Id like to use this haswell based system to test cooling products for my primary. The components seem to run very hot, which in my opinion make this the ideal platform for testing. The i7 4770k run hot regardless of any air cooling setup stunting even minor clocking attempts, and conventional store bought liquid systems only cool the CPU. The problems I have with the dual gpu setup is the they sit one over the other with one slot of space between them, even though there are 2 fans blowing on them they still get hot during overclock situations and limit the amount I can overclock, Is this needed, no but its gonna happen. Rubix, thank you for the sticky, I've read through it and think it necessary. FOR SCIENCE!!!!!!

angelice

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
Understood, I just try to veer first time builders away from it as they tend to take far to few precautions. Well I will see if I can find something that will help then.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2196038/air-cooling-water-cooling-things.html

If you'll take the time to read through this it may help you to understand what you'll need to reach your overclocking goals without spending a chunk of money and still being in the same place.