Netgear WG111 for TTG on sale $30

at Staples, no rebate necessary, or BestBuy 2 rebates.
best
DoctorJ
5 answers Last reply
More about netgear wg111 ttg sale

    In article <qqld41lqa3hh2aob2uar8mo4itvmp7a7pb@4ax.com>,
    <jdsmd@verizon.net> wrote:

    > at Staples, no rebate necessary, or BestBuy 2 rebates.
    > best
    > DoctorJ

    Did not work for my box - it was unrecognized. Also Linksys WUSB11
    (version 4) did not work. Both had to be returned. What eventually did
    work was D-Link DWL-122

    Regards.

    Dixie wrote:
    > In article <qqld41lqa3hh2aob2uar8mo4itvmp7a7pb@4ax.com>,
    > <jdsmd@verizon.net> wrote:
    >

    >>at Staples, no rebate necessary, or BestBuy 2 rebates.
    >>best
    >>DoctorJ
    >

    > Did not work for my box - it was unrecognized. Also Linksys WUSB11
    > (version 4) did not work. Both had to be returned. What eventually did
    > work was D-Link DWL-122
    >

    > Regards.

    Dixie, how long ago did you try it? The WG111 would absolutely require
    the software upgrade to v. 7 before it would work.

    Randy S.

    In article <d27aad$18b2$2@spnode25.nerdc.ufl.edu>, Randy S.
    <rswittNO@SPAMgmail.com> wrote:

    > Dixie wrote:
    > > In article <qqld41lqa3hh2aob2uar8mo4itvmp7a7pb@4ax.com>,
    > > <jdsmd@verizon.net> wrote:
    > >

    > >>at Staples, no rebate necessary, or BestBuy 2 rebates.
    > >>best
    > >>DoctorJ
    > >

    > > Did not work for my box - it was unrecognized. Also Linksys WUSB11
    > > (version 4) did not work. Both had to be returned. What eventually did
    > > work was D-Link DWL-122
    > >

    > > Regards.
    >
    > Dixie, how long ago did you try it? The WG111 would absolutely require
    > the software upgrade to v. 7 before it would work.
    >
    > Randy S.

    Just this week - and neither of them worked on the TiVo box with 7.1a

    Dixie

    I still have slow transfers (almost double real time). the WG111 is
    802.11G, and Tivo says that the box can to G transfers, but still
    slow. Hmmm.

    DoctorJ

    On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:58:37 -0500, "Randy S."

    jdsmd@verizon.net wrote:
    > I still have slow transfers (almost double real time). the WG111 is
    > 802.11G, and Tivo says that the box can to G transfers, but still
    > slow. Hmmm.
    >
    > DoctorJ

    Not hmmm. It's been pretty much established that TTG is *not* limited
    by network speed (well, anything above 802.11b anyway), but by some
    other process, probably encryption/decryption. Going from 802.11b to
    802.11g will increase transfer speed some, but only by a factor of 2 at
    most. Those who've hacked their boxes to turn off encrytion and use
    Tytools (or whatever the appropriate tool is) to transfer video see much
    higher transfer rates.

    Randy S.

Ptv Tivo Tivo Netgear Video