Computer will start up but displays nothing

AvengeOne

Reputable
Mar 20, 2014
This is my first pc build. I just made my new computer the other day. Was able to install windows and was doing all the updates for it. It was about 97 out of 106 updates complete, and I stuck my MSI DVD rom into the optical drive to have it ready when the updates are complete. Clicked the dvd on my screen and it just started displaying nothing and is continuing to display nothing when I start up my computer. I took out my ram and turned on the computer to check if my mother board has fried or something but it makes the beeping noise so I believe it's fine. I unplugged everything on my motherboard and plugged it back in, still I get no display. Took cmos battery put of the mother board and put it back in, still no display. So this really sucks and I don't know what to do. Everything was working fine until I put in the MSI DVD Rom in. Any help on this and what I should do would be great. I know my monitor isn't the problem because I'm using it right now on a different computer. Also I haven't got into the bios yet or do I really know how to see if everything is working which is why I put the dvd in, but I guess I should have waited until the windows updates were finished :/.

-MSI A55M-E33 Motherboard
-EVGA 430W 80PLUS Certified ATX12V/EPS12V Power Supply
-Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA III 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive
-AMD Quad Core A10-Series APU A10-6800K with Radeon HD 8670D
-Kingston HyperX 4 GB 1866MHz DDR3 Desktop Memory
-Windows Home Premium 64x

Jay Lavistria

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
You might have screwed with a driver during that (why would you interrupt those updates)
Return to safe mode with the monitor on the motherboard output and reinstall.

AvengeOne

Reputable
Mar 20, 2014

I was impatient from how long it took to build the computer and stupidly inserted the msi cd rom when I was doing the windows updates.

So to confirm what your saying. Just go into safe mode and reinstall windows?

AvengeOne

Reputable
Mar 20, 2014

I never got into installing the drivers for it I think. I installed windows, started doing it's updates for it then that's when I inserted the msi cd rom and it started displaying nothing.

AvengeOne

Reputable
Mar 20, 2014

Well I held F8 and even pressed in repeatedly on start up and I'm not even getting a display for that. So idk what to do??? Just getting a blank dark monitor display which has been happening ever since I interrupted the windows updates.

AvengeOne

Reputable
Mar 20, 2014

Yes. I've only been using the mobo output. I have no gpu output because it's an apu.

Jay Lavistria

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
...I think you should get a GPU, which will force the APU to switch to the GPU to render outputs, then reinstall the old drivers (Driver Booster 2 is nice), and return the GPU.