Build Help Gaming Rig 600$

andychoong94

Honorable
Jul 30, 2014
I've got 600$ to spare but I need a lot of suggestions on my current build. I use it for casual gaming, games like dayz, cs go, dota 2, etc. I do frequent photoshoping and little video rendering. I'm going for an i5 processor but may rethink of i7, and raise my budget. The current budget will not need to include a GPU as already got one spare.

May I ask people who is kind enough to help me fill up the list below?

CPU:
MOBO :
RAM:
HDD:
Chasis:
PSU:
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650- reuse-

Edited: I have parts chosen, but need more suggestions on why some parts aren't worth or better with what. Newegg is not really an option for me as I live in Asia and newegg doesn't ship there.

CPU: Intel Core I5 4690
MOBO :H97 Plus asus
RAM: hyperx 2x4gb
HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Blue HDD
Chasis: Bitfenix NEOS Casing
PSU: Xigmatek Tauro 500W PSU
GPU: - reuse-

andychoong94

Honorable
Jul 30, 2014

I actually have came out with a list, but getting critics everywhere saying my mobo is not worth the money/performance, the ram has better options so I figured if someone could give me suggestions.
The parts I picked,

CPU: Intel Core I5 4690
MOBO :H97 Plus asus
RAM: hyperx 2x4gb
HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Blue HDD
Chasis: Bitfenix NEOS Casing
PSU: Xigmatek Tauro 500W PSU
GPU: - reuse-

Yeah I could tell you are from either Malaysia or Singapore from your last name.

Yeah mate, I reckon with your specs, you should go with ASUS Z97-A. It has great ratings and recommended by many people.

Umm, maybe try Corsair or G.Skill. They could be expensive and beyond your budget, but you could get the 1366MHz, they are pretty cheap.

Everything else seems fine, may I ask what's your reused GPU?

andychoong94

Honorable
Jul 30, 2014

Thanks for the quick reply !

You've guess everything right, but do you have any other mobo suggestions? or even the cpu isn't worth the money? because that's what I get when I show people the build, the ram I reckon getting better too, but that won't be much a problem after deciding over my mobo. I'm using MSI Nvidia GTX650 1GB OC edition.

Alright, here's the thing. I'll build you the parts on PCPartPicker. And I guess you can follow the parts and look for in Asia. How bout that mate.

One more thing, what's your budget. In U.S. dollars or MYR or SGD.

I'll send you a PM.

Just don't mind clicking the "Pick as the Solution" icon.

Latest posts