Tivo to Go wireless question

I tried one of the unapproved wirless access points- a USB gadget from
an off-brand company. Tivo didn't notice it was connected, and only
offered me phone line, no network detected. I figured that all USB
wirless points are equivalent. didn't work, but I still wonder if I
buy the approved product, will it work? How many people have success
configuring the wireless TTG network? anyone do it with another
wireless hardware?
Thanks
DoctorJ
1 answer Last reply
More about tivo wireless question

    On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 03:20:38 +0000, jdsmd wrote:

    > I tried one of the unapproved wirless access points- a USB gadget from an
    > off-brand company. Tivo didn't notice it was connected, and only offered
    > me phone line, no network detected.

    Actually, your TiVo noticed it, queried it to see what it was, found that
    it didn't have drivers to support it, and therefore didn't show you
    anything on-screen.

    > I figured that all USB wirless points are equivalent.

    No, that's wrong.

    Many USB->802.11x adapters are based on a small number of chipsets, and
    therefore use the same drivers, but they aren't all the same.

    > didn't work, but I still wonder if I buy the approved product, will it
    > work?

    Yes.

    --
    Lenroc