how string the AMC3 DVB PBS, I can't get it.

I am with 76cm dish, 0.4db ku Univ LNB, in Vancouver BC, can get this bird,

but I can get many others, like AMC4 IA5 G3C, G10R.

is AMC3 too weak at Van BC?
4 answers Last reply
More about string amc3 dvb pbs
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:35:47 -0800, "richard" <yzhu@algis.ca> wrote:

    >I am with 76cm dish, 0.4db ku Univ LNB, in Vancouver BC, can get this bird,
    >
    >but I can get many others, like AMC4 IA5 G3C, G10R.
    >
    >is AMC3 too weak at Van BC?

    Works well in South Florida with a 1 meter and a 12' dish.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    I think you may be able to check out the footprint data on either lyngsat,or
    satcodx
    "richard" <yzhu@algis.ca> wrote in message
    >I am with 76cm dish, 0.4db ku Univ LNB, in Vancouver BC, can get this bird,
    >
    > but I can get many others, like AMC4 IA5 G3C, G10R.
    >
    > is AMC3 too weak at Van BC?

  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    lyngsat always gives the max strength of all transponders, it gives 48-49dbw
    for amc3 ku at Van BC, just wondering may be for DVB, no such strong beam
    available.
    "Valdivar" <rebelleader68@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I think you may be able to check out the footprint data on either
    lyngsat,or
    > satcodx
    > "richard" <yzhu@algis.ca> wrote in message
    > >I am with 76cm dish, 0.4db ku Univ LNB, in Vancouver BC, can get this
    bird,

    > > but I can get many others, like AMC4 IA5 G3C, G10R.
    > >
    > > is AMC3 too weak at Van BC?

  4. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    My understanding is that according to the various pbs services that use that
    sat,the recommended dish size is 3.7 M! 12 feet?

    > lyngsat always gives the max strength of all transponders, it gives
    > 48-49dbw
    > for amc3 ku at Van BC, just wondering may be for DVB, no such strong beam
    > available.
    > "Valdivar" <rebelleader68@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I think you may be able to check out the footprint data on either
    > lyngsat,or
    >> satcodx
    >> "richard" <yzhu@algis.ca> wrote in message
    >> >I am with 76cm dish, 0.4db ku Univ LNB, in Vancouver BC, can get this
    > bird,
    >> >
    >> > but I can get many others, like AMC4 IA5 G3C, G10R.
    >> >
    >> > is AMC3 too weak at Van BC?

MPEG DVB Video