TiVo MyDVD recording problem

I d/l'ed the free Sonic MyDVD demo version, but there's a problem.

When I burn a show to DVD, the picture is squeezed in from the sides,
with about 10% of the left and right side appearing as black bars. Kind
of like a sideways "letterbox" effect.

There's no aspect ratio setting in MyDVD, at least none that I can find.

Anyone know how to fix this?
3 answers Last reply
More about tivo mydvd recording problem

    In article <8Y6dnTFr5YlIYqXfRVn-tA@adelphia.com>, dated Wed, 16 Mar 2005
    22:59:34 -0500, "Vince" <diespammer@die.com> wrote:
    > I d/l'ed the free Sonic MyDVD demo version, but there's a problem.
    >
    > When I burn a show to DVD, the picture is squeezed in from the sides,
    > with about 10% of the left and right side appearing as black bars. Kind
    > of like a sideways "letterbox" effect.
    >
    > There's no aspect ratio setting in MyDVD, at least none that I can find.
    >
    > Anyone know how to fix this?

    When this problem occurs, what method are you using to view the DVD you
    burned: Stand alone DVD player? DVD player output to TV? Media player
    on your computer? ??

    "Michael Ferguson" <mhf@fergieprops.com> wrote in message news:423ae5c2.136116406@news.speakeasy.net...
    > In article <8Y6dnTFr5YlIYqXfRVn-tA@adelphia.com>, dated Wed, 16 Mar 2005
    > 22:59:34 -0500, "Vince" <diespammer@die.com> wrote:
    >> I d/l'ed the free Sonic MyDVD demo version, but there's a problem.
    >>
    >> When I burn a show to DVD, the picture is squeezed in from the sides,
    >> with about 10% of the left and right side appearing as black bars. Kind
    >> of like a sideways "letterbox" effect.
    >>
    >> There's no aspect ratio setting in MyDVD, at least none that I can find.
    >>
    >> Anyone know how to fix this?
    >
    > When this problem occurs, what method are you using to view the DVD you
    > burned: Stand alone DVD player? DVD player output to TV? Media player
    > on your computer? ??

    The problem shows when playing the DVD on anything - two different
    standalone DVD players, as well as the PC's DVD player itself.

    Vince wrote:
    > I d/l'ed the free Sonic MyDVD demo version, but there's a problem.
    >
    > When I burn a show to DVD, the picture is squeezed in from the sides,
    > with about 10% of the left and right side appearing as black bars. Kind
    > of like a sideways "letterbox" effect.
    >
    > There's no aspect ratio setting in MyDVD, at least none that I can find.

    The *.tivo files are 480x480. If the free MyDVD demo software is
    marking the DVD as 720x480 as it is being burned, then it's the
    software's fault for lying about the format. DVD players expect
    the flag bits in the headers to be accurate.
    -Joe

Ptv Tivo Tivo Video