Can't erase DVD-RW after using it in TiVo

I have a Humax TiVo with DVD recorder. I bought a few DVD-RWs, but can't
erase the program I copied to the first and only one I've used. The error
message says it's "read only" and can't be reformatted.

What did I do wrong?

Marilee
1 answer Last reply
More about erase dvd tivo

    "Marilee" <marilee.erickson@gmail.com> shaped the electrons to say:
    >I have a Humax TiVo with DVD recorder. I bought a few DVD-RWs, but can't
    >erase the program I copied to the first and only one I've used. The error
    >message says it's "read only" and can't be reformatted.
    >
    >What did I do wrong?

    And you're sure it is -RW and not -R?

    Is this error message coming from the Humax, or from a PC?

    If it is in the Humax, there have been reports of a corrupted burn
    causing the unit to not re-use the disc. Putting it in a PC and
    reburning something to it fixes it.

    -MZ, RHCE #806199299900541, ex-CISSP #3762
    <URL:http://www.megazone.org/> <URL:http://www.eyrie-productions.com/> Eris

Ptv Tivo Tivo DVD DVD RW