Budget gaming keyboard available in Germany / EU

G

Hi,

Looking for a budget (gaming) keyboard replacement, here are my criteria:
- backlit, ideally with a way to tune the intensity of the backlight
- some multimedia keys, but I don't need all the mumbo-jumbo (Vol+/-, Mute are necessary, everything else is optional)
- most important: large (normal-sized) functional keys: Enter, Backspace, LeftShift, Right-Shift. Most keyboards I've see either have a long (but not square/L-shaped Enter), a short LeftShift and/or a short Backspace.
- optional (nice to have): spill or water resistant
- the less crowded it is, the better (I hate compact keyboards)
- numblock: yes
- price: around 50 euros (no, I'm not going to spend 200 euros on a keyboard - I could afford that, but I don't see the sense)
- available in Germany (either sold locally or somewhere in the EU)

The best match I've found so far is the Adesso AKB135EB, but this one is unfortunately not available in Germany. Importing it from the US would double the price and make me jump through customs hoops. Second-best matches would be Zalman ZM-K400G or the Aerocool Templarius series (although I'm not a fan of white keyboards). I'm not a fan of Chinese knock-offs, so I would prefer sticking to a relatively well-known brand.

Links:
- Adesso AKB-135EB: http://www.ebay.de/itm/NEW-Adesso-AKB135EB-EasyTouch135-3-Color-Illuminated-Gaming-Keyboard-EasyTouch-/181467241579?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item2a404a5c6b
- Zalman ZM-K400G: http://www.zalman.com/global/product/Product_Read.php?Idx=597
- Aercool Templarius: http://www.aerocool.com.tw/index.php/templarius/keyboard/56-keyboard/templarius2/665-gladiator-keyboard-information

gferrin2012

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
You know my friend, I see this is an older post. I too, was looking for pretty much the same thing. I found this perixx. extremely happy with this purchase. .Perixx PX-1100, Backlit Keyboard - Red/Blue/Purple Illuminated Keys - Gaming Style Sollid 3.5lbs Design - Rubber Painting Surface - 20 Million Key-press Lifecycle - Brightness Control Wheel - 6 Feet Long Cable - Adjustable Palm rest. Now this is from amazon and made in germany. I as well was not going to spend a 150.00 bucks on a key board. I hope this helps

G

Turns out Amazon US also ships some products to Germany, including this particular keyboard. All-in (shipping + customs fees, which the carrier also handles) it comes out to about 37 euros, so not a bad deal at all.

gferrin2012

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013

Glad I could help. I have had this perixx about 6 months now..no problems..works very well with gaming as well as basic needs..got a good heavy duty feel to..very solid

G

Yep plenty of Perixx stuff on amazon.de. I was happy to having found a way to get the Adesso AKB-135 though.
Still in doubt over this or the Zalman...

gferrin2012

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013

Hey buddy, thats good news. May come down to personal preference. The best thing is you now have options, hopefully someone with experience with the zalman will post.
Good luck my friend.
G