Problem with finding the volt option for the CPU on Asus P8P67-M Pro

KilL4DeaTH03

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014
i have this board http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8P67M_PRO/

and i have no problem with the overclocking except for the cpu volt option i didn't find it but when i see for the overclocking on youtube i see options for the cpu volt i cant see it on my board even tho the board on the video is the same as mine maybe that's because the bios version is deference i have the latest version for the bios and that is 3701

all i can see for the volt option is the ( Offset Mode ) but with this way i can't set a specific volt and with this option i am now @ 4.2GHz on my i5 2500k @1.352v

and when i push to 4.4GHz the volt go to 1.43v

are this numbers is right or what ? and can some one help me define the problem with my board and why i can't show the cpu volt option on it ?

kevinlong

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
Are you manually overclocking or using some type of program provided by your mobo manufacturer to OC? Looks from the voltage you're using, it's pushing extremely dangerous conditions 1.5V+ can and most likely will fry your CPU from what I've read around.

You should look more into what levels of voltage you are using, change LLC/VRIN override to compensate for more voltage and disable power saving features.

As far as the option being gone from the mobo, I really have no idea about that part.

KilL4DeaTH03

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014
no no man i don't use any program to overclock i overclock manually but i can't see any option for the cpu voltage all i can see about the cpu voltage option called offset mode and i can change it by make it ether + or - i dont now about the LLC/VRIN but i am sure that's my cpu voltage is 1.360v and u can see it here http://im74.gulfup.com/Qz5hYv.jpg

look at the screenshot that i make and see for your self i never reach 1.5v for the cpu

schmuckley

Distinguished
BANNED
Jul 18, 2011
man..you are really using a lot of volts and heating up your 2500K
It should do 4.1 Ghz with 1.22v or less..