Discovery Health

Does anyone of you receives/is able to record something from
Discovery Health Channel ?

Kind regards,

Mariano
5 answers Last reply
More about discovery health
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    mariano-maza@tlen.pl (Mariano Maza) wrote in

    > Does anyone of you receives/is able to record something from
    > Discovery Health Channel ?
    >
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Mariano

    ++++++++

    Which satelite?

    I can give it a try .... if it is available in the SouthWestern USA.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    "Pseud O. Nym" <pon@blurry-vision.com> wrote in

    > mariano-maza@tlen.pl (Mariano Maza) wrote in
    >
    >> Does anyone of you receives/is able to record something from
    >> Discovery Health Channel ?
    >>
    >> Kind regards,
    >>
    >> Mariano
    >
    > ++++++++
    >
    > Which satelite?
    >
    > I can give it a try .... if it is available in the SouthWestern USA.

    +++++

    Sorry, I should have said more.

    I have two different ways of recording TV signals.

    I have an ATI all-in-wonder Radeon and I have a Hauppauge PVR-USB2.

    I subscribe to DirecTV's Total Choice package and I have never seen
    anything up there that I could not record either from DirecTV, FTA or over-
    the-air using either of these two setups. I almost always record to DVD
    ready 720x480 Mpeg2 with 48K Mpeg2 audio. I usually use the Hauppauge USB2
    because I can plug it into any computer that I have ... in just a few
    seconds. However this setup only captures NTSC interlaced mode mpeg files
    in either DVD compliant MPEG2 files or VCD compliant MPEG1 files. If for
    some reason I want to capture to AVI, MPEG4, or WindowsMedia or to capture
    Progressive-scan non-interlaced mpeg2, I use the ATI Radeon card.

    I assume that you have located a source via Satelite for the channel in
    question. I would be happy to give it a try if you will tell me where the
    channel is located.

    If you are using one of those TIVO or standalone DVD recorders, then my
    observations would probably not be much help to you.

    PON
  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    It's on Nimiq 1, Bell Express Vu.

    On 12 Mar 2005 05:44:30 -0800, mariano-maza@tlen.pl (Mariano Maza)
    wrote:

    >Does anyone of you receives/is able to record something from
    >Discovery Health Channel ?
    >
    >Kind regards,
    >
    >Mariano
  4. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 20:36:59 -0800, Jim <wdxp@cox.net> wrote:

    >It's on Nimiq 1, Bell Express Vu.

    Its a pay channel then, no legitimate DVB-FTA equipment will get it.

    >On 12 Mar 2005 05:44:30 -0800, mariano-maza@tlen.pl (Mariano Maza)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Does anyone of you receives/is able to record something from
    >>Discovery Health Channel ?
    >>
    >>Kind regards,
    >>
    >>Mariano
  5. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    > > Which satelite?
    > >
    > > I can give it a try .... if it is available in the SouthWestern USA.

    Thanx for your reply PON.
    I've tried to contact you on private but your email seems to not work
    so I'll write here what I need

    Chicago Hope
    DHC Mar 16 09:00am
    Series/Drama, 60 Mins.

    or a repeat

    Chicago Hope
    DHC Mar 17 04:00am
    Series/Drama, 60 Mins.

    The direct location of this channel is right here

    http://www.lyngsat-address.com/df/Discovery-Health.html

    thanx in advance,

    Mariano Maza

MPEG DVB Health Video