How many of each game SYSTEM do you have??

Here's my tally:

SEGA GENESIS: 8 systems. 3 original, and 5 Genesis II's.

SUPER NES: 4 systems.

NINTENDO NES: 3 systems.

NINTENDO 64: 4 systems.

INTELLIVISION: 4 systems. 2 original, and 2 "II's"

PLAYSTATION: 2 systems.

NEO GEO: 3 systems. 2 modified AES, and 1 Neo Geo CD.

TURBOGRAFX: 3 systems. Kinda. 1 Coregrafx, 1 Turbografx, and 1
Supergrafx.

JAGUAR: 2 systems.

All other systems I have "one" of. The reason I have so many systems,
by the way, is that they turn up on a DAILY BASIS at the thrift store
that I go to, for example, one time I found two bare Genesis II's for
$2 each... and I just couldn't help myself :) Eventually I hope to have
any given system for every room of my house.
22 answers Last reply
More about game system

    "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in

    > Here's my tally:
    >
    > SEGA GENESIS: 8 systems. 3 original, and 5 Genesis II's.
    >
    > SUPER NES: 4 systems.
    >
    > NINTENDO NES: 3 systems.
    >
    > NINTENDO 64: 4 systems.
    >
    > INTELLIVISION: 4 systems. 2 original, and 2 "II's"
    >
    > PLAYSTATION: 2 systems.
    >
    > NEO GEO: 3 systems. 2 modified AES, and 1 Neo Geo CD.
    >
    > TURBOGRAFX: 3 systems. Kinda. 1 Coregrafx, 1 Turbografx, and 1
    > Supergrafx.
    >
    > JAGUAR: 2 systems.

    I've got exactly one Genesis, SNES, 2600, N64, PS, PS2, X-Box, and
    GameCube. I play my FC and SMS through adaptors, and I don't have an NES
    at all at the moment (largest percentage of my collection and nothing to
    play it on, dagummit!).

    The only multiple system I have could be the Gameboy, as I have a
    barely-working original model, a GBA, and a Gameboy Player. I don't get
    duplicate systems very often... I just usually find a way to pick up the
    games without the excess systems.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message

    > All other systems I have "one" of. The reason I have so many systems,
    > by the way, is that they turn up on a DAILY BASIS at the thrift store
    > that I go to

    Your thrift store gets Neo Geos? o_O

    Aaron
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    On 11 Mar 2005 01:23:15 -0800, "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com>
    wrote:

    >Here's my tally:
    [snip]

    More 2600's than I can count... >_<
    2 7800
    4 5200
    3 O^2
    5 Intellivision
    2 Lynx
    3 Virtualboy
    too many toaster NES
    3 SNES
    2 GC
    2 GBA
    4 GB
    4 SMS
    5 Genesis
    2 32x
    4 N64 (couldn't pass up cheap ice blue or cheap complete Pokemon
    edition)

    Everything else is only one (Colecovision, PS2, Vectrex, GBA-SP, Game
    gear, Saturn, DC, TG-16/CD)
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    Here's my tally:

    Geez, I probably have the least of game consoles then anyone in here and
    also i can't see of having more then two consoles unless for parts.

    2 Atari 2600 jr/heavy sixer

    2 Atari 5200 2 port/4 port

    1 Atari Flashback

    Thanks,
    Mike
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    Aaron R. Schnuth wrote:
    > "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > All other systems I have "one" of. The reason I have so many
    systems,
    > > by the way, is that they turn up on a DAILY BASIS at the thrift
    store
    > > that I go to
    >
    > Your thrift store gets Neo Geos? o_O
    >
    > Aaron

    I have never found a NEO GEO in a thrift store. I got all of mine from
    Ebay.
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    Here's my tally:
    5-Atari 2600-2 heavy sixers
    1-Sears Arcade Machine-a copy of the Atari 2600
    3-Colecovisisons
    1-Intellivision
    1-Intellivision 2
    1-NES
    1-SNES
    1-Sega Master System
    2-Sega Genesis
    1-Sega 32X
    1-PS2
    1-Xbox
    1-N64
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    Chuck Whitby wrote:
    > I don't work at a game store anymore.

    THEY FIRED HIM.
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    I'm sitting on one of almost everything right now. Winter's a slow season,
    I get most my inventory and such over spring and summer at the fleas, try
    to sell out of as much as I can before the season ends so I'm not sitting
    on a ton of stuff over winter.

    Stuff I have multiples of right now -

    NES
    SNES
    Dreamcast
    Saturn
    Genesis
    N64
    Game Boy Color

    Picking up a second special edition XBox next week (Got a Halo box, next
    week I'm picking up the Canadian exclusive crystal clear XBox). Gonna pick
    up a 2nd Gamecube to mount in my Aztek.

    --
    ___
    Chuck Whitby - Founder

    Hey, Chuck. That's cheating if you work at a game store. ;)

    Dane.

    "Chuck Whitby" <intvsama@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > I'm sitting on one of almost everything right now. Winter's a slow
    season,
    > I get most my inventory and such over spring and summer at the fleas, try
    > to sell out of as much as I can before the season ends so I'm not sitting
    > on a ton of stuff over winter.
    >
    > Stuff I have multiples of right now -
    >
    > NES
    > SNES
    > Dreamcast
    > Saturn
    > Genesis
    > N64
    > Game Boy Color
    >
    > Picking up a second special edition XBox next week (Got a Halo box, next
    > week I'm picking up the Canadian exclusive crystal clear XBox). Gonna
    pick
    > up a 2nd Gamecube to mount in my Aztek.
    >

    > --
    > ___
    > Chuck Whitby - Founder
    > East Coast Gaming Expo
    > http://www.ecgx.com
    > "It's the games"

  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    > 56 consoles (O^1 through GC)
    > 11 add-on style consoles (2600 adapters, 32X, SCD and Jag CD counted
    > among)
    > 9 hand held systems (Microvision through GBA)
    > 37 pong clones (Sears Telegame on)
    > 61 computers (TRS-80 M1/L2 and CBM PET through Mac G3 Beige)
    > 4 VCR oriented systems (videosmarts and similar)
    > 2 arcade games
    >
    > and between carts, CDs, cassette tapes and floppies, I have roughly
    3000
    > games, but only about 1100 are currently inventoried.
    >
    > In addition, I have the following video hardware:
    >
    > 1 Betamax VCR (not hi-fi)
    > 7 VHS VCRs (not all working, of course)
    > 1 VHS multi-system (ntsc, pal, secam and others) VCR
    > 1 CED player
    > 5 LVD players
    > 2 DVD players (1 as a home theater system)
    > 14 TVs and composite monitors (2 monochrome)
    > 1 pal/secam TV with 60 hrtz a/c plug
    > 8 pc monitors (ranging from monochrome ega to 21 inch SVGA)
    > 9 Mac monitors
    >
    > jt

    How do you store all this stuff? What is the square footage of you
    house?
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    I don't work at a game store anymore. My inventory is my inventory. 8*)
    Over the spring and summer I set up at a local flea market and run my own
    little biznazz. 8*)

    --
    ___
    Chuck Whitby - Founder

    In article <1110532995.229698.169020@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote:

    > Here's my tally:

    My active tally does not include specific duplicates as I have those
    segregated into my tradebait stash, but I cound each significant
    revision of a console seperate, such as the 4-switch, 6-switch, vader,
    armor plated and jr for the 2600.

    With that in mind, my totals are:

[...]

  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    You are sick, sick, sick. Then again, so am I. Carry on...

    > $2 each... and I just couldn't help myself :) Eventually I hope to have
    > any given system for every room of my house.

  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    Michael Smeal <Msmeal@paonline.com> writes:

    >Geez, I probably have the least of game consoles then anyone in here and
    >also i can't see of having more then two consoles unless for parts.

    I don't know; I don't have a great deal myself.

    1 VCS
    1 Inty (Sylvania)
    1 Inty 25-in-one
    2 DCs
    4 C64 DTVs (2 modded)

    Most of my collection are classic computers, particularly Commodore 8-bits and
    the Tomy Tutor.

    --
    Cameron Kaiser * ckaiser@floodgap.com * posting with a Commodore 128
    personal page: http://www.armory.com/%7Espectre/

    "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in news:1110600515.352699.12700
    @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

    > Chuck Whitby wrote:
    >> I don't work at a game store anymore.
    >
    > THEY FIRED HIM.

    That was totally uncalled for. And just when you were
    acting respectable, too... Shame.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    On 11 Mar 2005 20:08:35 -0800, "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com>
    wrote:

    >THEY FIRED HIM.

    It would be illogical to fire their own best customer. I wouldn't be
    surprised if that game store had lousy sale since then and are on the
    verge of bankrupcity.
  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    In article <1110609281.447472.46140@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
    "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote:

    > > 56 consoles (O^1 through GC)
    > > 11 add-on style consoles (2600 adapters, 32X, SCD and Jag CD counted
    > > among)
    > > 9 hand held systems (Microvision through GBA)
    > > 37 pong clones (Sears Telegame on)
    > > 61 computers (TRS-80 M1/L2 and CBM PET through Mac G3 Beige)
    > > 4 VCR oriented systems (videosmarts and similar)
    > > 2 arcade games
    > >
    > > and between carts, CDs, cassette tapes and floppies, I have roughly
    > 3000
    > > games, but only about 1100 are currently inventoried.
    > >
    > > In addition, I have the following video hardware:
    > >
    > > 1 Betamax VCR (not hi-fi)
    > > 7 VHS VCRs (not all working, of course)
    > > 1 VHS multi-system (ntsc, pal, secam and others) VCR
    > > 1 CED player
    > > 5 LVD players
    > > 2 DVD players (1 as a home theater system)
    > > 14 TVs and composite monitors (2 monochrome)
    > > 1 pal/secam TV with 60 hrtz a/c plug
    > > 8 pc monitors (ranging from monochrome ega to 21 inch SVGA)
    > > 9 Mac monitors
    > >
    > > jt
    >
    > How do you store all this stuff? What is the square footage of you
    > house?

    That was one of the considerations when we were house hunting. Space
    enough for the kids to each have their own room (one boy, one girl), and
    basement space sufficient for my collections. In addition to the video
    playground summarized above, I also collect cooking stuff and cookbooks.
    I have 147 cookbooks, and the cooking stuff includes 2 kitechen-aid
    mixers (4 quart lift head and 6 quart bowl lift types), 4 bread machines
    (that get their best workout at Thanksgiving), 2 capucino/expresso
    machines, 1 grind and brew coffee maker (fresh ground beans are the only
    way to go) and my wife's party cake molds (47 including Mario and Ms
    Pac-Man). The house space includes the main floor and upper floor at
    2275 square feet. The basement is not considered part of the listing
    space for real estate records, and it is about 1560 square feet.
    Unfortunately, working two jobs, I just don't have the time to do up the
    video playground the way I have planned, so most of the collection is in
    boxes at present.

    jt
  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    "jt august" <starsabre@att.net> wrote in message
    > In article <1110609281.447472.46140@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,

    > Unfortunately, working two jobs, I just don't have the time to do up the
    > video playground the way I have planned, so most of the collection is in
    > boxes at present.
    >
    > jt

    I know that feeling...

    Dane.
  19. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    Just my 2 cents.... if its worth that... but....

    Why on earth would someone need so many of the same systems? You only need 1
    of each! (including 1 of each varation). And people thought 'I' was obsessed
    with this stuff? :D

    Vastfear

    "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Here's my tally:
    >
    > SEGA GENESIS: 8 systems. 3 original, and 5 Genesis II's.
    >
    > SUPER NES: 4 systems.
    >
    > NINTENDO NES: 3 systems.
    >
    > NINTENDO 64: 4 systems.
    >
    > INTELLIVISION: 4 systems. 2 original, and 2 "II's"
    >
    > PLAYSTATION: 2 systems.
    >
    > NEO GEO: 3 systems. 2 modified AES, and 1 Neo Geo CD.
    >
    > TURBOGRAFX: 3 systems. Kinda. 1 Coregrafx, 1 Turbografx, and 1
    > Supergrafx.
    >
    > JAGUAR: 2 systems.
    >
    > All other systems I have "one" of. The reason I have so many systems,
    > by the way, is that they turn up on a DAILY BASIS at the thrift store
    > that I go to, for example, one time I found two bare Genesis II's for
    > $2 each... and I just couldn't help myself :) Eventually I hope to have
    > any given system for every room of my house.

  20. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    You can always use a spare in case one breaks or to trade if it's rare...

    Dane.

    "VastFear" <vastfear@csinet.net> wrote in message
    > Just my 2 cents.... if its worth that... but....
    >
    > Why on earth would someone need so many of the same systems? You only need
    1
    > of each! (including 1 of each varation). And people thought 'I' was
    obsessed
    > with this stuff? :D
    >
    > Vastfear
    >

    > "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
    > > Here's my tally:
    > >
    > > SEGA GENESIS: 8 systems. 3 original, and 5 Genesis II's.
    > >
    > > SUPER NES: 4 systems.
    > >
    > > NINTENDO NES: 3 systems.
    > >
    > > NINTENDO 64: 4 systems.
    > >
    > > INTELLIVISION: 4 systems. 2 original, and 2 "II's"
    > >
    > > PLAYSTATION: 2 systems.
    > >
    > > NEO GEO: 3 systems. 2 modified AES, and 1 Neo Geo CD.
    > >
    > > TURBOGRAFX: 3 systems. Kinda. 1 Coregrafx, 1 Turbografx, and 1
    > > Supergrafx.
    > >
    > > JAGUAR: 2 systems.
    > >
    > > All other systems I have "one" of. The reason I have so many systems,
    > > by the way, is that they turn up on a DAILY BASIS at the thrift store
    > > that I go to, for example, one time I found two bare Genesis II's for
    > > $2 each... and I just couldn't help myself :) Eventually I hope to have
    > > any given system for every room of my house.

  21. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    > You can always use a spare in case one breaks or to trade if it's
    > rare...

    There's always pity buys, too. I've never done one myself, but if
    I found a Virtual Boy or Famicom in decent shape, I might bring it
    home, even though those niches in my collection are filled.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com
  22. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    Same here.

    Mojo
    P.S. Forgot to add I have a Jaguar

    "Aaron J. Bossig" <linkvb06@SpammersWillBeExecuted.ptd.net> wrote in message
    > "Dane L. Galden" <chigroup(at)ix.netcom.comCHANGE(at)TO@> wrote in
    >
    >> You can always use a spare in case one breaks or to trade if it's
    >> rare...
    >>

    > There's always pity buys, too. I've never done one myself, but if
    > I found a Virtual Boy or Famicom in decent shape, I might bring it
    > home, even though those niches in my collection are filled.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Aaron J. Bossig
    >
    > http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    > http://www.dvdverdict.com