Tivo Controling directv

I have a regular tivo. And a regular directv box. I have tried to use the IR
to make the tivo change the channels on the dt but it don't work right. Will
serial work better?

please help
2 answers Last reply
More about tivo controling directv

    chris wrote:
    > I have a regular tivo. And a regular directv box. I have tried to use
    the IR
    > to make the tivo change the channels on the dt but it don't work
    right. Will
    > serial work better?

    The ideal solution would be to get a DirecTV TiVo. The next best thing
    would be to use your SA TiVo with the serial connection. The last
    thing to do would go with IR. Will serial work for you? I don't know
    - try it. The IR blasters should work if they aren't broke.

    On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 02:12:46 GMT, "chris" <ccg@midsouth.rr.com>
    wrote:

    >I have a regular tivo. And a regular directv box. I have tried to use the IR
    >to make the tivo change the channels on the dt but it don't work right. Will
    >serial work better?
    >
    >please help

    I have two SA Tivos with my DirecTV boxes. I now have serial
    cables connecting them but for a few days, I used the IR
    blasters. The serial cables work better but the blasters worked
    OK too. The serial cables are just faster.

    Blasters should work for you if they are OK. Whether serial
    cables will work for you or not depends on what models of the
    Tivos and DirecTV boxes you have.

Ptv Tivo Tivo Video