KLOV has been hacked

I tried to visit KLOV tonight and it has been hacked by some arab
crying about American terrorists or somthing. The things people will do
to make a point. heh.
6 answers Last reply
More about klov hacked

    prizmatic wrote:
    > I tried to visit KLOV tonight and it has been hacked by some arab
    > crying about American terrorists or somthing. The things people will
    do
    > to make a point. heh.

    Wow, that was really WEIRD!
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    "prizmatic" <mgreen@classicnet.net> wrote in news:1110528095.433994.132690
    @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

    > I tried to visit KLOV tonight and it has been hacked by some arab
    > crying about American terrorists or somthing. The things people will do
    > to make a point. heh.

    Wow... because, you know, KLOV is a key voice in the War on Terror.

    Heh, why does all the funny stuff happen while I'm asleep?

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    Did anyone save the hacked page? Seems to gone now, but I'd love to
    see what it looked like... :)

    Rik

    On 11 Mar 2005 00:01:35 -0800, "prizmatic" <mgreen@classicnet.net>
    wrote:

    >I tried to visit KLOV tonight and it has been hacked by some arab
    >crying about American terrorists or somthing. The things people will do
    >to make a point. heh.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    In article <1110528095.433994.132690@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
    "prizmatic" <mgreen@classicnet.net> wrote:

    > I tried to visit KLOV tonight and it has been hacked by some arab
    > crying about American terrorists or somthing. The things people will do
    > to make a point. heh.

    I don't know how you surfed in, I just now went to Http://www.klov.com
    and flew right in, no problems. I would guess that some hacker
    intercepted your browsers contact and redirected. A difficult hack to
    maintain as it relies on your browser always taking the same streams of
    the backbone of the internet. Anyway, backbone security usually flushed
    those attempts quickly, and now, some 19 hours later, KLOV seems
    untouched.

    jt
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    "jt august" <starsabre@att.net> wrote in message
    > In article <1110528095.433994.132690@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
    > "prizmatic" <mgreen@classicnet.net> wrote:
    >
    > > I tried to visit KLOV tonight and it has been hacked by some arab
    > > crying about American terrorists or somthing. The things people will do
    > > to make a point. heh.
    >
    > I don't know how you surfed in, I just now went to Http://www.klov.com
    > and flew right in, no problems. I would guess that some hacker
    > intercepted your browsers contact and redirected. A difficult hack to
    > maintain as it relies on your browser always taking the same streams of
    > the backbone of the internet. Anyway, backbone security usually flushed
    > those attempts quickly, and now, some 19 hours later, KLOV seems
    > untouched.
    >
    > jt

    Well, then the same hacker intercepted my browsers contact and redirected me
    as well, because when I first saw this thread, I tried to get into KLOV and
    saw the same anti-US/anti-Israel/pro-terrorist drivel that was reported.
    So, a more likely explanation was that the site really was hacked but has
    since been restored.

    Makes me wonder, though, why KLOV in particular was targeted. Because of
    all the Zionist coin-ops listed?
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    In article <lv2dnYBGcdiNkq7fRVn-gw@comcast.com>,
    "Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote:

    > Well, then the same hacker intercepted my browsers contact and redirected me
    > as well, because when I first saw this thread, I tried to get into KLOV and
    > saw the same anti-US/anti-Israel/pro-terrorist drivel that was reported.
    > So, a more likely explanation was that the site really was hacked but has
    > since been restored.
    >
    > Makes me wonder, though, why KLOV in particular was targeted. Because of
    > all the Zionist coin-ops listed?

    Intercept hacks are not new, and not 100% successful when executed.
    They involve intercepting site requests at registrars, and sending out
    bogus responses to browsers. Registrars are frequented by these hacks,
    and are constantly vigilant to suppress these attacks when they occur.
    They usually only occur on one are of a backbone, so browsers in one
    area get intercepted while others do not.

    KLOV was not being individually targeted, most likely. But numerous
    sites governed by the same registrar were probably the target. And most
    likely, the web master for KLOV never new anything about this since his
    server was, itself, untouched.

    jt

Games American Video Hacked Classic