Corsair Carbide Series 300R Question

DarkShadow098

Reputable
Aug 3, 2014
I hear that this certain line of cases does not have standoffs but instead has bumps where the screws should go instead. The problem is that I recently bought one from a store nearby where I live that looks exactly the same and the box has the same labelling (Corsair Carbide Series 300R). The only difference is that this one has standoffs instead of bumps. Should I consider this a mistake from the store and exchange it or did I miss something?

As far as I can tell, the 300R's have incorporated the integrated standoffs since it was introduced, and I couldn't find anything to indicate that they've changed the design. That could just mean that I've missed a design change - the 750D started with integrated standoffs and later switched to standard screw-in standoffs to expand mobo compatibility.

I would check all the specs against those listed on the Corsair site, and see if there are any identifying tags or stamps that might indicate that it's not in fact a 300R. If it's not, then exchange it. (Or keep it if you like this one better.)

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
+1^
I would have to agree with everything volcanoscout has said. I built with that case recently and it had integrated standoffs... none in the parts bag. Corsair may have changed their design, however.

gary morgan

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
hi I got the same case as you with the 9 standoff studs but this is normal they have reverted back to the studs,as I have just been confirmed from corsair themselves,i made a ticket on there tech support site and they just emailed me back saying its normal,it looks like we got the new revised cases,hope this helps.

Interesting - it would be nice if Corsair thought to mention that fact to someone...or anyone. Did they say if there was a version designator change?