how long before 4k monitors come down in price

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
wondered when 4kmonitors will come down in price. also i was wondering when they might make a new bluray disk to accomadte 4k monitors when might something like that come out

Solution
4K has already dramatically lowered in price, however its still more expensive than you are willing to spend. 4K monitors and TV's will endlessly fall in price until their the 720p monitor of today and 8K is the all new expensive item.
Pretty much in answer to when any new technology becomes reasonably priced (on a consumer level) depends on your definition of reasonable.

I'm pretty sure Blu-Ray can handle 4K. If I remember correctly, double-layered Blu-Ray discs can hold up to 50GB, so its not as if their hurting for space.
4K has already dramatically lowered in price, however its still more expensive than you are willing to spend. 4K monitors and TV's will endlessly fall in price until their the 720p monitor of today and 8K is the all new expensive item.
Pretty much in answer to when any new technology becomes reasonably priced (on a consumer level) depends on your definition of reasonable.

I'm pretty sure Blu-Ray can handle 4K. If I remember correctly, double-layered Blu-Ray discs can hold up to 50GB, so its not as if their hurting for space.

Solution

BustaRhymes

Reputable
Jun 16, 2014
EDIT: Just realized you were talking about monitors. They are already pretty affordable. You can get Samsung 4k monitor for $600 prob a little less if you buy it used. The biggest problem with 4k computer monitors right now is scaling. Until they fix that then 4k prob won't become popular.

leeb2013

Honorable
I don't know if 4k is worth it. In stores which have 4k TV's I can't tell the different directly next to a 1080 tv, unless I'm so close that I can't see the whole screen, which would be like sitting at the front in the cinema!

on the other hand, my phone is 6.5" 1080 = 13" 4k screen, so a 24" 4k monitor is kind of low res LOL!

Current GPUs can't really handle 4k, even dual GPUs. It doesn't help that we are getting crappy inefficient console ports. Perhaps dual GTX880 will.

Personally, I prefer multimonitor, it's just amazing to have your horizontal FOV filled, with the lights of in the room it really immerses you into the game.

TRENDING THREADS