A Stupid newbie question

I finally got a directdvr..How do you connect it to the computer to use
tivoweb, tivo to go etc....
4 answers Last reply
More about stupid newbie question

    "Bernie" <diebarneydie@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >I finally got a directdvr..How do you connect it to the computer to use
    >tivoweb, tivo to go etc....

    Im assuming you have a directv dvr/tivo
    If so Start out here: http://www.dellanave.com/projects/tivo/4xrid.html I
    did this method and it worked very well. after that, you can get tivoweb
    installed.

    Bernie wrote:
    > I finally got a directdvr..How do you connect it to the computer to
    use
    > tivoweb, tivo to go etc....

    Is this a series 1 or a series 2 box?

    For a series 1, you'll have to add an ethernet card - look at
    9thtee.com

    For a series 2, you'll have to put a new OS image from an SA machine
    onto it. For that, you can find details on dealdatabase.com

    That's kind of a tricky way to do it. Try killinithrd. It's really
    easy.

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.video.ptv.tivo/browse_frm/thread/a1c940137f72734f/f49ac42ef070a7d1?q=relaxification#f49ac42ef070a7d1

    <relaxification@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > That's kind of a tricky way to do it. Try killinithrd. It's really
    > easy.
    >
    > http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.video.ptv.tivo/browse_frm/thread/a1c940137f72734f/f49ac42ef070a7d1?q=relaxification#f49ac42ef070a7d1

    Ah... Now i find an easy way!

    It's too late. I upgraded 2 of my tivo's to 4.0 using that method. It wasn't
    that bad. I thought it was rather easy too.
    But glad to know there was other ways of doing it. Im very happy that i did
    it.

    For those who have not upgraded to 4.0 and am curious about what it looks
    like, here is my post on dslreports with some pics of what 4.0 looks like.
    There is even a video. I love the tivo guy bouncing around the screen!

    Im djdanska on dslreports. enjoy!

Ptv Tivo Tivo Connection Computers Video