Links to lotsa new stuff about tivo and PVRs

lots of tivo content here that showed up o the yahoo home page today

http://news.yahoo.com/techtuesday/
3 answers Last reply
More about links lotsa stuff tivo pvrs

    In article <Cherrybomb-3D38C9.22224921022005@news-50.dca.giganews.com>,
    Cherrybomb <Cherrybomb@Cherrybomb.com> wrote:

    > lots of tivo content here that showed up o the yahoo home page today
    >
    > http://news.yahoo.com/techtuesday/

    Except the lead story has a MAJOR error. He thinks TiVo still charges
    $100 for HMO.

    * Jack Zwick wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:
    > In article <Cherrybomb-3D38C9.22224921022005@news-50.dca.giganews.com>,
    > Cherrybomb <Cherrybomb@Cherrybomb.com> wrote:

    >> lots of tivo content here that showed up o the yahoo home page today

    >> http://news.yahoo.com/techtuesday/

    > Except the lead story has a MAJOR error. He thinks TiVo still charges
    > $100 for HMO.

    Unless they changed it, the only mention of $100 I could find was the
    price of the box itself. They do however mention Shawnie boi's little
    bitch, Comcast and that 1 in 100 boxes freezes during recording ;)

    How is adding the price to the cable bill an advatage? Who the hell
    writes checks anymore? With electronic banking its no extra effeort to
    add a payee and it doesnt cost anything extra, not even a stamp. Listing
    this as an advatage is silly.

    --
    David
    Don't interfere with the stranger's style.

    In article <9mrre2x9db.ln2@news.gates_of_hell.com>,
    SINNER <99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote:

    > * Jack Zwick wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:
    > > In article <Cherrybomb-3D38C9.22224921022005@news-50.dca.giganews.com>,
    > > Cherrybomb <Cherrybomb@Cherrybomb.com> wrote:
    >
    > >> lots of tivo content here that showed up o the yahoo home page today
    >
    > >> http://news.yahoo.com/techtuesday/
    >
    > > Except the lead story has a MAJOR error. He thinks TiVo still charges
    > > $100 for HMO.
    >
    > Unless they changed it, the only mention of $100 I could find was the
    > price of the box itself. They do however mention Shawnie boi's little
    > bitch, Comcast and that 1 in 100 boxes freezes during recording ;)
    >
    > How is adding the price to the cable bill an advatage? Who the hell
    > writes checks anymore? With electronic banking its no extra effeort to
    > add a payee and it doesnt cost anything extra, not even a stamp. Listing
    > this as an advatage is silly.

    You missed it, maybe because Patrick Norton said $99. My mistake.

    " There are differences, though. TiVo requires a $99 software upgrade
    before it will stream photos or music. ReplayTV plays photos for
    free,..."

Ptv Tivo Tivo Video Yahoo