USB Port on DVR Tivo

What are they for?
4 answers Last reply
More about usb port dvr tivo

    chris wrote:
    > What are they for?

    Officially they are for future enhancements.

    They can be used currently for networking if you hack your box.

    "chris" <ccg@midsouth.rr.com> wrote in message
    > What are they for?

    By "DVR Tivo" do you mean Directivo, or any Series 2 tivo, as in Digital
    Video Recorder?

    I haven't hacked my box and the usb port is used with an Ethernet
    network adapter to link my two Tivo's. Works great.
    Paul

    "chris" <ccg@midsouth.rr.com> shaped the electrons to say:
    >What are they for?

    If you have a DirecTiVo (DirecTV receiver with TiVO) - then noting.
    'Future use.'

    If you have a standalone TiVo then they're used to connect Ethernet or
    WiFi adapters to network the unit.

    -MZ, RHCE #806199299900541, ex-CISSP #3762
    <URL:http://www.megazone.org/> <URL:http://www.eyrie-productions.com/> Eris

Ptv Tivo Tivo Video USB DVR