TiVoToGo transfer problem

Here's the setup:
new 540 TiVo, was connected with a Netgear MA111 WiFi b USB adapter,
connection was okay, manageable.

On Feb 8, I finally got the OS upgrade with TTG. Tried to transfer shows,
but they would only do about 50 - 70 megabytes or so, would say
"interrupted," and then the WiFi adapter wouldn't show on the TiVo. I would
unplug it, plug it back in, wait for the TiVo to recognize it, then the
transfer would restart.

So, today, I bought a different adapter, Linksys WUSB11, v2.8. The signal
is much stronger, but it still quits after awhile, but it does transfer for
a longer time before it quits. And, the TiVo still doesn't recognize the
USB adapter.

When I turn the TTG server off, the adapter connects fine for updates, etc.,
it's just that something about transferring a program makes the TiVo stop
recognizing the adapter.

This is pretty wierd. Anyone have any ideas?

Oh, one more thing: what little bit of shows I have transferred, there's no
sound. What gives?

Thanks,

Mark
1 answer Last reply
More about tivotogo transfer problem

    In article <JPWPd.46953$iC4.7326@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com>,
    "Mark Rathgeber" <alvamark@swbell.net> wrote:

    > Here's the setup:
    > new 540 TiVo, was connected with a Netgear MA111 WiFi b USB adapter,
    > connection was okay, manageable.
    >
    > On Feb 8, I finally got the OS upgrade with TTG. Tried to transfer shows,
    > but they would only do about 50 - 70 megabytes or so, would say
    > "interrupted," and then the WiFi adapter wouldn't show on the TiVo. I would
    > unplug it, plug it back in, wait for the TiVo to recognize it, then the
    > transfer would restart.
    >
    > So, today, I bought a different adapter, Linksys WUSB11, v2.8. The signal
    > is much stronger, but it still quits after awhile, but it does transfer for
    > a longer time before it quits. And, the TiVo still doesn't recognize the
    > USB adapter.
    >
    > When I turn the TTG server off, the adapter connects fine for updates, etc.,
    > it's just that something about transferring a program makes the TiVo stop
    > recognizing the adapter.
    >
    > This is pretty wierd. Anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > Oh, one more thing: what little bit of shows I have transferred, there's no
    > sound. What gives?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mark

    Do you have a 2.4 Ghz wireless telephone by any chance? I had a Eureka
    vacuum cleaner cause my wifi signal to go south.

Ptv Tivo Tivo USB Adapter