My replay is acting up today

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

The scheduled shows did not change cable box to the right channel, then when
i manually tried to change from 7 to 5 it ended up 555 on the cable box.
Then it wouldn't go back to 7 but i see the numbers changing on the cable
box so the ir blaster is sending signals. Sequence is 555, 0 , 555, 0, 555,
777 , 555.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions.
13 answers Last reply
More about replay acting today
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    So what is the new number that works? My replay originally had 4476.
    This worked until today. I tried 0476 but that doesnt work either.
    What is the "200 something" number that works?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    "madison" <madisonxnospam@pacbell.net> wrote:

    > The scheduled shows did not change cable box to the right channel,
    > then when i manually tried to change from 7 to 5 it ended up 555 on
    > the cable box. Then it wouldn't go back to 7 but i see the numbers
    > changing on the cable box so the ir blaster is sending signals.
    > Sequence is 555, 0 , 555, 0, 555, 777 , 555.
    >
    > Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions.

    Yes. I just discovered that both of our Replays (both 5080) were doing
    the same thing. A reboot didn't fix it. I made it right by resetting the
    IRL Blaster code.

    They tell you how to do it here:

    http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/support/replaytv/document.asp?docID=223

    I'd love to know WTF this is all about. It must have happened sometime
    this morning. Both machines properly recorded things last night around
    midnight (PST) and then one machine failed to do a 7 AM recording
    properly because of this problem.

    Very weird.

    //
  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    "Ralph" <ralph@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
    news:Xns95F78AFDC7461xxxxx45678@216.168.3.30...
    > "madison" <madisonxnospam@pacbell.net> wrote:
    >
    >> The scheduled shows did not change cable box to the right channel,
    >> then when i manually tried to change from 7 to 5 it ended up 555 on
    >> the cable box. Then it wouldn't go back to 7 but i see the numbers
    >> changing on the cable box so the ir blaster is sending signals.
    >> Sequence is 555, 0 , 555, 0, 555, 777 , 555.
    >>
    >> Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions.
    >
    > Yes. I just discovered that both of our Replays (both 5080) were doing
    > the same thing. A reboot didn't fix it. I made it right by resetting the
    > IRL Blaster code.
    >
    > They tell you how to do it here:
    >
    > http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/support/replaytv/document.asp?docID=223
    >
    > I'd love to know WTF this is all about. It must have happened sometime
    > this morning. Both machines properly recorded things last night around
    > midnight (PST) and then one machine failed to do a 7 AM recording
    > properly because of this problem.
    >
    > Very weird.
    >


    Thank you. They must have redone all the codes. Very weird indeed.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    > Thank you. They must have redone all the codes. Very weird indeed.
    >
    >
    "They" didn't do anything. If you have Comcast, they are uploading new
    firmware to their cable boxes in many areas. This requires a different
    code in the Replay for blaster control. I believe most people use 0476.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    I found the code for my box. It was 7400. I have a DCT model and I
    live in San Jose. 7400 seems to have fixed everything with the Replay.
    Damn the new Firmware on the cable box is slow.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    carwashi@gmail.com wrote:
    > So what is the new number that works? My replay originally had 4476.
    > This worked until today. I tried 0476 but that doesnt work either.
    > What is the "200 something" number that works?
    >
    Do a search on the Replay forum at avsforums.com. This is old news that
    keeps becoming "new" as they push the upgrades to more cable boxes in
    their system.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    "Tony D" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    news:Uo6dncX-u_QF8pTfRVn-rg@comcast.com...
    >
    >> Thank you. They must have redone all the codes. Very weird indeed.
    > "They" didn't do anything. If you have Comcast, they are uploading new
    > firmware to their cable boxes in many areas. This requires a different
    > code in the Replay for blaster control. I believe most people use 0476.

    OK I thought the new codes were coming from replay. The new number 200
    something works. Yes it is Comcast.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    Tony D <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

    > "They" didn't do anything. If you have Comcast, they are uploading new
    > firmware to their cable boxes in many areas. This requires a different
    > code in the Replay for blaster control. I believe most people use
    > 0476.

    Ahh! Indeed, Comcast sent an automated phone call the day before
    alerting to the update. Never occurred to me that they would be the
    culprit, though. Seems odd that the blaster codes would change given
    that the cable box remotes aren't changing what *they* send to the
    boxes. I must be missing something here...

    Anyway, Tx for the explanation.

    //
  9. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    Ralph wrote:
    > Tony D <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>"They" didn't do anything. If you have Comcast, they are uploading new
    >>firmware to their cable boxes in many areas. This requires a different
    >>code in the Replay for blaster control. I believe most people use
    >>0476.
    >
    >
    > Ahh! Indeed, Comcast sent an automated phone call the day before
    > alerting to the update. Never occurred to me that they would be the
    > culprit, though. Seems odd that the blaster codes would change given
    > that the cable box remotes aren't changing what *they* send to the
    > boxes. I must be missing something here...
    >
    > Anyway, Tx for the explanation.
    >
    > //
    >

    One of the things that changes is the TIMING of the codes... Someone
    said the blaster was sending 555-0-555-0-555 and the cable box was
    seeing 555 It may be that the cable box needs to see 5-0-5 with the new
    software

    When pressing buttons on a hand held you would only send 5, and usually
    wait for the echo before you press the zero
  10. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    The same thing happened to me this weekend in Palo Alto, and Comcast
    even left a phone message indicating something was changing. I
    certainly hope they have a legitimate business reason for changing the
    codes, and that the purpose is not just to screw Replay and Tivo
    customers to convince us to switch to the new Comcast DVR. Instead,
    the inconvenience they caused makes me want to switch to satellite.

    The directions for fixing the problem for my Motorola unit (they seem
    to involve "flushing a buffer" rather than just changing the code) are
    at:
    http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/support/replaytv/document.asp?docID=228
  11. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    I live on the Stanford campus (same Comcast service as Palo Alto and
    probably San Jose, both mentioned in this thread) and had the same
    problem, with each digit being repeated so the channel was incorrect.
    After wasting 2-3 hours thinking the problem was with the IR blaster
    or RTV unit, I finally found this thread and changed the IR code to
    7400 (without flushing the bufer as Dan Kohn's note suggested) and that
    fixed it. I agree that junk like this pushes me toward switching from
    Comcast to satellite. Too much inertia right now, but let this happen
    one more time ...

    Martin
  12. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    On 10 Feb 2005 11:39:16 -0800, hellman@stanford.edu wrote:

    >I live on the Stanford campus (same Comcast service as Palo Alto and
    >probably San Jose, both mentioned in this thread) and had the same
    >problem, with each digit being repeated so the channel was incorrect.
    >After wasting 2-3 hours thinking the problem was with the IR blaster
    >or RTV unit, I finally found this thread and changed the IR code to
    >7400 (without flushing the bufer as Dan Kohn's note suggested) and that
    >fixed it. I agree that junk like this pushes me toward switching from
    >Comcast to satellite. Too much inertia right now, but let this happen
    >one more time ...
    >
    >Martin

    And another reason for using satellite (as opposed to digital cable)
    is that the service is ONE-WAY. That is, they (the provider) has no
    way to monitor your viewing habits. Replay units control DirecTV
    receivers fine through the serial port. This connection is one-way
    also.

    --
    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

    "It is a curious thing that every creed promises a
    paradise which will be absolutely uninhabitable for
    anyone of civilized taste." -- Evelyn Waugh
  13. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    hellman wrote:
    > I live on the Stanford campus (same Comcast service as Palo Alto and
    > probably San Jose, both mentioned in this thread) and had the same
    > problem, with each digit being repeated so the channel was incorrect.
    > After wasting 2-3 hours thinking the problem was with the IR blaster
    > or RTV unit, I finally found this thread and changed the IR code to
    > 7400 (without flushing the bufer as Dan Kohn's note suggested) and
    that
    > fixed it. I agree that junk like this pushes me toward switching from
    > Comcast to satellite. Too much inertia right now, but let this happen
    > one more time ...
    >
    > Martin

    Woops. I did need to flush the buffer after all. Changing to code 7400
    took care of the triple digit problem, but I was getting a menu of some
    kind (music options) for the first two minutes of each show instead of
    the video I wanted. (The audio was fine.) Hitting EXIT on the Motorola
    STB remote got rid of the menu, but who wants to do that manually after
    RTV changes channels each time? Flushing the buffer seems to have
    solved the problem, using code 0476 as specified on Dan Kohn's link.
    Hopefully this will be the last "fix."

    Martin
Ask a new question

Read More

Ptv Replaytv Video Cable ReplayTV