Help?! My pc and monitor will only work without my graphics card.

drjosh

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014
My pc and monitor will only work without my graphics card. Everything starts as normal but the monitor just says no signal. This is a new built PC and I was told everything was compatible by pros. I managed to install windows and sort everything without the graphics card. Its a 750w PSU and a xfx r9 280 graphics card. Its probably something easy but I'm a newbie. Please help.

Solution
No you need to plug your VGA cable into the back of the card... (or use the (normally) included DVI to VGA adapter and plug it into a slot that is NOT the DVI-D slot (on the GPU box there will be a small warning I think)).

drjosh

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014

Yeah. I checked everything before asking online. One other thing. I have nothing plugged into the graphics card from the outside when its inserted. I only have a VGA cable that came with the tv. But then thats the only cable that can fit into the tv (monitor)

drjosh

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014
The graphics card has the power cables (6 & 8 pin) in. The graphics card is slotted in. But your saying i need a cable from the back panel? Because i wasn't given one anything i bought.

Shadowblade2652

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
No you need to plug your VGA cable into the back of the card... (or use the (normally) included DVI to VGA adapter and plug it into a slot that is NOT the DVI-D slot (on the GPU box there will be a small warning I think)).

Solution

drjosh

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014
Well it looks like I'm going to need to buy these cables because they were not included. All i have is a small VGA cable which came with the monitor. (Which is to small to fit the slot... Could you link a picture or a website which cable you mean? Thanks for your help by the way.

Shadowblade2652

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
th