Ir Blaster problem

When I returned from a trip I find that my IR blaster has fallen off the
sattelite box. Obviously some shows did not get recorded.

Is there a good way to keep it attached. I have used Scotch tape, but
that clearly doesn't always work.

--
Jerry Bank
Trenton, New Jersey

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:43:29 GMT, Jerry Bank <bankcello@peoplepc.com>
    wrote:

    >When I returned from a trip I find that my IR blaster has fallen off the
    >sattelite box. Obviously some shows did not get recorded.
    >
    >Is there a good way to keep it attached. I have used Scotch tape, but
    >that clearly doesn't always work.

    Scotch tape is not very good for this. I use electrical tape (you can
    choose a color that closely matches the component, if you care about
    those things). Also, can you use the serial port instead? Both
    connectors are physically locking, and are unlikely to fall out.

    --
    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx

    In article <qn5qv0lim2ad2lrfndpq8l1j15udpl796j@4ax.com>,
    mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx says...
    > On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:43:29 GMT, Jerry Bank <bankcello@peoplepc.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    > Scotch tape is not very good for this. I use electrical tape (you can
    > choose a color that closely matches the component, if you care about
    > those things). Also, can you use the serial port instead? Both
    > connectors are physically locking, and are unlikely to fall out.

    Alas, if I had a serial port on my DishNetwork receiver I would use it.

    --

    Jerry Bank wrote:
    > When I returned from a trip I find that my IR blaster has fallen off the
    > sattelite box. Obviously some shows did not get recorded.
    >
    > Is there a good way to keep it attached. I have used Scotch tape, but
    > that clearly doesn't always work.

    I would check out a new product from 3-m, "Command" the product is sold
    in 3 flavors, Assorted hooks and hangers, "Velcro" and replacement adhesive

    Here is how it works... To apply, clean both surfaces with an Alcohol
    swab, let dry, Remove tape from one side of the COMMAND strip and apply
    to the movable object (in this case the IR blaster), Remove stripe from
    the other side and apply to the non-movable object (shelf in front of
    Sat box, or the sat box itself if that's what works)

    Now, hold for a minute, full strength in 24 hours... I use these to hang
    paintings, some fairly heavy ones (I use 2 large for that)

    To remove... Pull tab, pull tab some more Place one hand over IR
    blaster to catch it when it flys free (do not want it hitting you in the
    eye) and REALLY PULL on that tab... It will come free and not leave a
    mark on a painted wall (Well, perhaps a clean spot)

Ptv Replaytv Video ReplayTV