More about networking question

    From what I've read, it can be done but only till the next update, which
    makes it impractical. Better off buying a 5000 series on ebay. You'll
    appreciate the Commercial Advance feature too.

    From:Dave
    drcarson@sbcglobal.net

    Dave wrote:
    > How hard is it to add networking to a 5504 so I can get missing TV
    > episodes?

    I"m about to do it.. The easy way (Won a 5040 on E-bay and should get it
    either end of this week or next)

    That is the best way, since teh 50 and 55's can talk to each other.

    Need more than a 40 though for the wife, she's farther behind in TV
    watching than I am.

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 04:44:20 GMT, John in Detroit
    <Blanked@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    >Dave wrote:
    >> How hard is it to add networking to a 5504 so I can get missing TV
    >> episodes?
    >>

    >I"m about to do it.. The easy way (Won a 5040 on E-bay and should get it
    >either end of this week or next)
    >
    >That is the best way, since teh 50 and 55's can talk to each other.
    >
    >Need more than a 40 though for the wife, she's farther behind in TV
    >watching than I am.

    I was going to upgrade my Replay (I already had a 250GB drive to put
    in), but never did. It was too easy to use DVArchive. That drive is
    now in my newest computer.

    --
    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx

    Mark Lloyd wrote:

    > Also, the DVA data can get corrupted. Removing/Reinstalling DVA (even
    > with Java too) will not correct it. You need to delete the
    > configuration files. These are XML files with names beginning with
    > "DVA". Search for them.

    Ah, thanks very much. Deleting the xml files did the trick.

Ptv Replaytv Networking Video ReplayTV