Pioneer CLD-D560 Optical output

Hi, any player with an optical out supports AC-3 correct? I finally found a
good deal online to replace my LD-V2200! Quick responses would be very
much appreciated! It's a Pioneer CLD-D560 in great shape. Thanks!

-Mike
3 answers Last reply
More about pioneer cld d560 optical output

    Um, optical out just supports "Digital Audio". You need an actual AC3
    out and one of those AC3 demodulators to support AC3

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:16:05 -0500, "half_eaten"
    <half_eaten@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Hi, any player with an optical out supports AC-3 correct? I finally found a
    >good deal online to replace my LD-V2200! Quick responses would be very
    >much appreciated! It's a Pioneer CLD-D560 in great shape. Thanks!
    >
    >-Mike

    Really? It doesn't just send out the raw AC3 data? I guess it needs to
    decode it specially from the right channel..... oh well, at least I'll be
    able to watch a couple of these digital sound movies i have that dont have
    analog tracks...

    Any player with a digital audio output, optical or coax will play any
    DTS laser disk. But to play an AC3 laser disk, the player must have
    an AC3 output and then only a handfull of high end (say $4000 and up)
    receivers can support the AC3 stream. Or you need an AC3 demodulator.
    Back in Oct/Nov I bought a Pioneer RFD-1 AC3 demodulator for my
    Pioneer CLD-D704 player which I have had since 1996. Let me tell you
    the sound is absolutely amazing. I have always been a big laser disk
    fan, but lately have been enjoying all my AC3 lasers in full 5.1
    sound.

    I bought the RFD-1 unit from Nicolas (aka n$a) and he still has a few
    left if you need one.

    As for you interest in the CLD-D560 player, I might recommend that you
    wait for a better one to show up. The AC3 players are (to my
    knowledge) only from the 1994-2000 era.

    I would highly recommend you look for and acquire a 704 or an Elite
    79, 97(modified) or a 99. These players will give you the most
    satisfaction. A CLD-D606 would also be a decent unit, and a bit
    cheaper too.

    In reading your plans in this group for capturing and other interests
    in laser disks I would say that a CLD-D704 would be what you would
    want.

    If I can be of any assistance to you please let me know.

    Ed

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:16:05 -0500, "half_eaten"
    <half_eaten@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Hi, any player with an optical out supports AC-3 correct? I finally found a
    >good deal online to replace my LD-V2200! Quick responses would be very
    >much appreciated! It's a Pioneer CLD-D560 in great shape. Thanks!
    >
    >-Mike

Laser Disc Players Pioneer Video