Wanted: Pioneer PAL LD Test Disc GGV1007

Continuing in my quest to get the best possible output from my
PAL-spec LD player, I've learned that in order to adjust everything
properly I'll need a test disc, an oscilloscope, and some
screwdrivers. Screwdrivers I have; the oscilloscope I can find; the
test disc is another thing altogether. Even a Google search doesn't
turn it up.

Any ideas where I might find one, or find someone to let me borrow
one?

Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about wanted pioneer pal test disc ggv1007

    "Karyudo" <karyudo_usenet@yahoo.com.remove.me> wrote in message
    > Continuing in my quest to get the best possible output from my
    > PAL-spec LD player, I've learned that in order to adjust everything
    > properly I'll need a test disc, an oscilloscope, and some
    > screwdrivers. Screwdrivers I have; the oscilloscope I can find; the
    > test disc is another thing altogether. Even a Google search doesn't
    > turn it up.
    >
    > Any ideas where I might find one, or find someone to let me borrow
    > one?
    >
    > Thanks!

    It's still available from Pioneer with an MSRP of about $65.00.... not TOO
    bad considering a MUSE alignment disc is over $400.00 dealer cost!

    On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:43:36 GMT, "ldservice"
    <service@nospam.laserdiscservice.com> wrote:

    >It's still available from Pioneer with an MSRP of about $65.00....

    Since I'm no dealer or authorized service centre or anything but a
    nerd with a screw or two loose (I mean in my head, of course), could
    you elaborate just a bit on how I'd go about ordering one, etc.?

    >not TOO
    >bad considering a MUSE alignment disc is over $400.00 dealer cost!

    Ouch. Luckily, I'm not that desparate!

    Putting two and two together here: I think you've just saved me a
    phone call. I found your (excellent) site yesterday, and was just too
    busy to call your shop (just outside Olympia, correct?).

Laser Disc Players Pioneer Video Google Search