DSR 922 restoring factory defaults

Just got a new DSR 922, and can't the limits to change at all to set up
the satellites. I know my actuator and wiring are good since my old
IRD functions properly.

I went to the 4DTV.com web site and they said to restore factory
defaults press 'OPTIONS 6,7,7,8 then 7
(http://www.4dtv.com/Customer/4DTV_install922.html#).

But pressing 7 from the options menu does nothing.

Any info on restoring factory defaults? Any information on why I can't
change the limits?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Take care,
Rich

God bless the USA
--
Trifles make perfection and perfection is no trifle.

-Michelangelo
2 answers Last reply
More about dsr 922 restoring factory defaults
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    The MR is in a hidden menu. Do not pay any attention to what displays on the screen,
    just press the buttons on the remote.

    Options 6778 will take you to a hidden menu, Option 7 on that menu says something like
    "Reset to Factory Defaults"

    "Rich Piehl" <rpiehl5REMOVETHIS@FORNOSPAMcharter.net> wrote in message
    | Just got a new DSR 922, and can't the limits to change at all to set up
    | the satellites. I know my actuator and wiring are good since my old
    | IRD functions properly.
    |
    | I went to the 4DTV.com web site and they said to restore factory
    | defaults press 'OPTIONS 6,7,7,8 then 7
    | (http://www.4dtv.com/Customer/4DTV_install922.html#).
    |
    | But pressing 7 from the options menu does nothing.
    |
    | Any info on restoring factory defaults? Any information on why I can't
    | change the limits?
    |
    | Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    |
    | Take care,
    | Rich
    |
    | God bless the USA
    | --
    | Trifles make perfection and perfection is no trifle.
    |
    | -Michelangelo
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    DRLev wrote:
    > The MR is in a hidden menu. Do not pay any attention to what displays on the screen,
    > just press the buttons on the remote.
    >
    > Options 6778 will take you to a hidden menu, Option 7 on that menu says something like
    > "Reset to Factory Defaults"

    Thank you. That got it.

    I figured out my "limit" problem, too. I was reversing the placement of
    the wires for the polarotor and the actuator sensor. It's working now.

    Take care,
    Rich

    God bless the USA
    --
    Trifles make perfection and perfection is no trifle.

    -Michelangelo

4DTV Satellite Video