Navdy Heads-Up Display Projects Screen on Car Dashboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

f-14

Distinguished
$300 for 1970's video game technology. no thanks i'll just buy an old arcade machine, rip the magnifier out of it and use a smart phone/gps as the main screen and have a large 20"+ HUD.

f-14

Distinguished
$300 for 1970's video game technology. no thanks i'll just buy an old arcade machine, rip the magnifier out of it and use a smart phone/gps as the main screen and have a large 20"+ HUD.

Don_M_Weaver_II

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
This HUD type display units are all fine and dandy eye candy. Sure it has some function but how much display do we really need. It is not so much the driving and texting hazards as these inputs with these type devices could and should only be performed while jammed up in traffic stationary or crawling along snail like stop and stop, which BTW we all do every day for 15-30 minutes each per day during our commutes. But it is the redundancy of these things with this type HUD devices. Why do we need 2 speedometers? And who the heck cares. We don't really need to check on our speeds every second while driving or tachometer or radio station or fuel reserves. And who really needs the directional, or radio station info all the time anyhow even if we did want to know this stuff? Who really wants to meet Adam for coffee as in the picture above or needs to have this info displayed like it is important or something. Most time the coffee appointments and such I would think would be taken care of elsewhere. Not important in any case really. This HUD HOOPLA is not productive to us really. Useful possibly, but not productive, it is eye candy in a nutshell. There are other way more productive heads up type options and devices available. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.