T2 "Squeeze" Laserdisc question

I noticed that one of the stores at LDDB.com is selling this disc for over $100
USD. I happen to have acess to a copy that was never opened and is complete
with OBI. What's this worth on the open market? I'm also thinking about selling
some other discs I've aquired.
Steve Grauman
8 answers Last reply
More about squeeze laserdisc question

    "Steve Grauman" <oneactor1@aol.com> wrote in message
    >I noticed that one of the stores at LDDB.com is selling this disc for
    >over $100
    > USD. I happen to have acess to a copy that was never opened and is
    > complete
    > with OBI. What's this worth on the open market? I'm also thinking
    > about selling
    > some other discs I've aquired.

    Is the disc you have the original Squeeze edition or the THX remaster?
    The latter is more valuable than the former.

    Hello Steve,

    Prices in LDDb.com stores do not necessarily reflect market reality
    since Sellers can put whatever they want (no listing fee).

    However, in this case the $100 mark up does not seem completely out of
    reality since the previous T2 Squeeze (non THX) went on eBay for
    $71.87. n$a currently offering one for $77:

    http://LDDb.com/laserdisc.php?shop=140

    The only THX SQZ copy available right now is at more than $100 (updated
    recently?) -> $134 still from n$a:

    http://LDDb.com/laserdisc.php?shop=141

    Seems logical to estimate it between $70 and $100, if in
    perfect/mint/complete condition.

    Rgds,
    Julien

    >Is the disc you have the original Squeeze edition or the THX remaster?
    >The latter is more valuable than the former.

    It's the THX remaster. Never opened, mint condition and complete.
    Steve Grauman

    Julien, if your estimated numbers are correct, then I'd be more than happy to
    sell my complete, mint and un-opened, THX re-mastered "Squeeze" version of T2.
    I'll take bids staing at $75 USD if anyone is interested. If it breaks $110
    I'll ship inside the continental U.S. for free.
    Steve Grauman

    hi--

    i has a sealed THX remaster with the OBI, drawback is small "punnch-out"
    hole on the bottom left corner. this is 5 discs, book, and i believe the 5th
    disc has lots of extras. it's a good idea to speak japanese to get maximum
    enjoyment out of this set; i believe some of the extras lack english sound
    or subtitles. will sell for $100 postpaid or trade effen-steffen for looney
    toons box set #5--
    thanks--:)
    > Julien, if your estimated numbers are correct, then I'd be more than happy
    > sell my complete, mint and un-opened, THX re-mastered "Squeeze" version of
    > T2.
    > I'll take bids staing at $75 USD if anyone is interested. If it breaks
    > $110
    > I'll ship inside the continental U.S. for free.
    > Steve Grauman

    You are confusing the PILF-2555 squeeze (anamorphic) THX AC-3 (original
    topic) with what seems to be your PILF-1800 boxset (which contains only
    4 discs by the way).

    >You are confusing the PILF-2555 squeeze (anamorphic) THX AC-3 (original
    >topic) with what seems to be your PILF-1800 boxset (which contains only
    >4 discs by the way).

    Not me.
    Steve Grauman

    Not you. Him. See msg hierarchy.