HD upgrade

I have tried and tried but I can not get a 200gb or a 160gb HD to appear
iin the Replay as anything larger than a 120gb. RTV Patch see the drive
as 200gb but when I install it in the Replay it is back to 120gb. Is
there something I am missing or what. Using XP Pro SP2 with ASUS P4T533 mb.
6 answers Last reply
More about upgrade

    what model replay. 3000 models and sooner don't support larger drives.
    Alternatively...are you sure the bios on your pc supports drives
    larger than 120 gb? If it doesn't you'll need an ATA 100 card that
    will support it or use and external usb 2 or firewire case that
    supports large drives. I have a usb 2 external drive case that I use
    when I format repalytv drives. It cost about $20 and supports up to 300
    gb drives.

    I have a 5040 and yes the bios does support drives larger than 120gb. I
    have a 200 and a 160 gb drive in the machine and they work just fine.

    butlermd@pol.net wrote:
    > what model replay. 3000 models and sooner don't support larger drives.
    > Alternatively...are you sure the bios on your pc supports drives
    > larger than 120 gb? If it doesn't you'll need an ATA 100 card that
    > will support it or use and external usb 2 or firewire case that
    > supports large drives. I have a usb 2 external drive case that I use
    > when I format repalytv drives. It cost about $20 and supports up to 300
    > gb drives.

    >butlermd@pol.net wrote:
    >> what model replay. 3000 models and sooner don't support larger drives.
    >> Alternatively...are you sure the bios on your pc supports drives
    >> larger than 120 gb? If it doesn't you'll need an ATA 100 card <snip>

    I had an ATA card that would not format 160gig harddrive properly.
    It should up as 160gig replay drive in computer but showed up as
    137gig once put in Replay. Apparently this particular brand ATA card
    was at fault. I redid the drive using regular IDE cable and it worked
    fine once put in Replay.

    How many hrs should a 200gb drive show available in the High Res record
    mode? Mine shows 77.

    Joe Allison wrote:
    > I have tried and tried but I can not get a 200gb or a 160gb HD to appear
    > iin the Replay as anything larger than a 120gb. RTV Patch see the drive
    > as 200gb but when I install it in the Replay it is back to 120gb. Is
    > there something I am missing or what. Using XP Pro SP2 with ASUS P4T533 mb.

    Some replay's have a 120Gig limit, Now, as it happens, I can use a good
    160 Gig and send a 120 in exchange (Just kidding, too much work to
    transfer all the files)

    On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:08:17 GMT, John in Detroit
    <Blanked@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    >Joe Allison wrote:
    >> I have tried and tried but I can not get a 200gb or a 160gb HD to appear
    >> iin the Replay as anything larger than a 120gb. RTV Patch see the drive
    >> as 200gb but when I install it in the Replay it is back to 120gb. Is
    >> there something I am missing or what. Using XP Pro SP2 with ASUS P4T533 mb.
    >>

    >Some replay's have a 120Gig limit, Now, as it happens, I can use a good
    >160 Gig and send a 120 in exchange (Just kidding, too much work to
    >transfer all the files)

    The limit is actually 128GB (sometimes called 137GB with different
    math. It's the same limit).

    People might say 120GB, since that's the largest drive you can get
    that's not over the limit. However, the Replay would be able to use
    128GB of a 160GB drive (the remaining 32GB is inaccessible with the
    more-limited system).

    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx
    http://go.to/notstupid