ReplayTV 5040 and Dishnetwrok DP322 Satellite Receiver

I recently replaced my Charter cable digital TV service with a
Dishnetwork satellite system and there are no codes on the ReplayTV site
to make the IR blaster work with the new receiver. Anyone else have
their ReplayTV connected to a DP322 Dishnetwork receiver and have the IR
blaster controlling the satellite receiver? Any help would be appreciated.

PS

Contacted ReplayTV support and they sent some things to try but that
didn't do it.
16 answers Last reply
More about replaytv 5040 dishnetwrok dp322 satellite receiver

    Have you tried 0775?

    > Dishnetwork satellite system and there are no codes on the ReplayTV site to
    > make the IR blaster work with the new receiver. Anyone else have their
    > ReplayTV connected to a DP322 Dishnetwork receiver and have the IR blaster
    > controlling the satellite receiver? Any help would be appreciated.

    > blaster controlling the satellite receiver? Any help would be appreciated.

    Heres the url to research codes....

    http://www.replaytv.com/support/replaytv/ircodes.asp

    Hank wrote:
    > Have you tried 0775?
    >

    >>Dishnetwork satellite system and there are no codes on the ReplayTV site to
    >>make the IR blaster work with the new receiver. Anyone else have their
    >>ReplayTV connected to a DP322 Dishnetwork receiver and have the IR blaster
    >>controlling the satellite receiver? Any help would be appreciated.

    Yes. I tried 0775, 1005, 1170, 1171 all of which we listed @
    http://www.replaytv.com/support/replaytv/ircodes.asp

    Thanks.

    Hank wrote:
    >>blaster controlling the satellite receiver? Any help would be appreciated.
    >

    > Heres the url to research codes....
    >
    > http://www.replaytv.com/support/replaytv/ircodes.asp

    From my original post:

    Dishnetwork satellite system and there are no codes on the ReplayTV site
    to make the IR blaster work with the new receiver.

    No help to be found there.

    Thanks.

    On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 11:53:16 -0500, Robin Brumfield
    <rbrumfield@charter.net> wrote:

    >Hank wrote:
    >>>blaster controlling the satellite receiver? Any help would be appreciated.
    >>

    >> Heres the url to research codes....
    >>
    >> http://www.replaytv.com/support/replaytv/ircodes.asp
    >>

    > From my original post:
    >
    >Dishnetwork satellite system and there are no codes on the ReplayTV site
    >to make the IR blaster work with the new receiver.
    >
    >No help to be found there.
    >
    >Thanks.

    Do you already have the Replay? They could have updated their software
    more recently that that page. Try the setup and see if it has a code
    that works.

    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx
    http://go.to/notstupid
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

    Mark Lloyd wrote:

    > Do you already have the Replay? They could have updated their software
    > more recently that that page. Try the setup and see if it has a code
    > that works.

    Yes I already have the ReplayTV unit. I have had it for several months
    and it worked fine with the cable TV receiver because they had a code
    for it but where do I get the code to enter in the system? What setup
    are you referring? Even ReplayTV support didn't have anything different
    than what I found on the web site. They told me to call Dishnetwork and
    I told them they had to be kidding and they said no, where did I think
    they got the codes. So I call Dishnetwork and they told me they did not
    support anyone else's equipment...surprise...surprise...:-)

    On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:15:22 -0500, Robin Brumfield
    <rbrumfield@charter.net> wrote:

    >Mark Lloyd wrote:
    >

    >> Do you already have the Replay? They could have updated their software
    >> more recently that that page. Try the setup and see if it has a code
    >> that works.
    >>

    >Yes I already have the ReplayTV unit. I have had it for several months
    >and it worked fine with the cable TV receiver because they had a code
    >for it but where do I get the code to enter in the system? What setup
    >are you referring?

    What setup do you think? You were asking about setting the Replay up
    for a Disk Network receiver. Try that. The Replay software could have
    a code.

    > Even ReplayTV support didn't have anything different
    >than what I found on the web site. They told me to call Dishnetwork and
    >I told them they had to be kidding and they said no, where did I think
    >they got the codes. So I call Dishnetwork and they told me they did not
    >support anyone else's equipment...surprise...surprise...:-)

    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx
    http://go.to/notstupid
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

    Umm, i think everyone is missing the OP question.

    This is a NEW satellite receiver model DP322, and it appears that Replay
    does not have the code for this new receiver! Unless you can find an
    alternate code that is already in the system, you are SOL. Its too bad that
    Dish Network can only use the IR Blaster.

    Replay's response of asking you to call Dish Network is a joke!

    Little Brittle & the C Bag wrote:
    > Umm, i think everyone is missing the OP question.
    >
    > This is a NEW satellite receiver model DP322, and it appears that Replay
    > does not have the code for this new receiver! Unless you can find an
    > alternate code that is already in the system, you are SOL. Its too bad that
    > Dish Network can only use the IR Blaster.
    >
    > Replay's response of asking you to call Dish Network is a joke!

    You are absolutely correct...it looks like I have a $500 boat
    anchor...:-) You are right about the IR Blaster as well...the Replay
    unit has the serial connection as well whereas the DP322 does not.

    That was my response to ReplayTV staff when they told me to call
    Dishnetwork..."You are kidding me...right?"
  10. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    Mark Lloyd wrote:
    > On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:15:22 -0500, Robin Brumfield
    > <rbrumfield@charter.net> wrote:
    >

    >>Mark Lloyd wrote:
    >>

    >>>Do you already have the Replay? They could have updated their software
    >>>more recently that that page. Try the setup and see if it has a code
    >>>that works.
    >>>

    >>Yes I already have the ReplayTV unit. I have had it for several months
    >>and it worked fine with the cable TV receiver because they had a code
    >>for it but where do I get the code to enter in the system? What setup
    >>are you referring?
    >

    > What setup do you think? You were asking about setting the Replay up
    > for a Disk Network receiver. Try that. The Replay software could have
    > a code.

    The Replay software does not have my specific Dish receiver and I went
    through about 300 others just to see if they would work and gave that up
    as a "needle in a haystack" adventure.

    Thanks.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    The DP322 has a dual tuner, so you can control this box from two locations.
    The first tuner (TV1) uses IR for the remote, this <should> work with the
    ReplayTV. The second tuner (TV2) uses RF for remote control, this won't
    work with the ReplayTV (since the IR Blaster is just that, IR) Hopefully,
    you can use the same IR code for the DP301 (3100) Model of Dish receiver for
    the DP322.

    you should first make sure your ReplayTV is hooked up to the TV1 tuner
    output, so it uses the IR codes for remote control.

    If that doesn't work, I think the only thing you can do is beg ReplayTV to
    invest in a DP322 receiver for the QA dept. and have them test it, and
    determine the proper codes for it so they can add it in a software update.

    "Robin Brumfield" <rbrumfield@charter.net> wrote in message
    > Little Brittle & the C Bag wrote:
    > > Umm, i think everyone is missing the OP question.
    > >
    > > This is a NEW satellite receiver model DP322, and it appears that Replay
    > > does not have the code for this new receiver! Unless you can find an
    > > alternate code that is already in the system, you are SOL. Its too bad
    that
    > > Dish Network can only use the IR Blaster.
    > >
    > > Replay's response of asking you to call Dish Network is a joke!
    >
    > You are absolutely correct...it looks like I have a $500 boat
    > anchor...:-) You are right about the IR Blaster as well...the Replay
    > unit has the serial connection as well whereas the DP322 does not.
    >
    > That was my response to ReplayTV staff when they told me to call
    > Dishnetwork..."You are kidding me...right?"
  12. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    See my reply above.. make sure you are connected to the TV1 output on your
    DP322 and your dish is using IR , not RF . RF allows you to change channels
    from any room in the house. If you can do this on your remote, you're using
    RF which will not work on the Replay. Change it to IR and it might work
    (providing the IR code for another Dish model is the same as the DP322)

    > Mark Lloyd wrote:
    > > On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:15:22 -0500, Robin Brumfield
    > > <rbrumfield@charter.net> wrote:

    > >>Yes I already have the ReplayTV unit. I have had it for several months
    > >>and it worked fine with the cable TV receiver because they had a code
    > >>for it but where do I get the code to enter in the system? What setup
    > >>are you referring?
    > >

    > > What setup do you think? You were asking about setting the Replay up
    > > for a Disk Network receiver. Try that. The Replay software could have
    > > a code.
    > >

    > The Replay software does not have my specific Dish receiver and I went
    > through about 300 others just to see if they would work and gave that up
    > as a "needle in a haystack" adventure.
    >
    > Thanks.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    Little Brittle & the C Bag wrote:
    > The DP322 has a dual tuner, so you can control this box from two locations.
    > The first tuner (TV1) uses IR for the remote, this <should> work with the
    > ReplayTV. The second tuner (TV2) uses RF for remote control, this won't
    > work with the ReplayTV (since the IR Blaster is just that, IR) Hopefully,
    > you can use the same IR code for the DP301 (3100) Model of Dish receiver for
    > the DP322.
    >
    > you should first make sure your ReplayTV is hooked up to the TV1 tuner
    > output, so it uses the IR codes for remote control.
    >
    > If that doesn't work, I think the only thing you can do is beg ReplayTV to
    > invest in a DP322 receiver for the QA dept. and have them test it, and
    > determine the proper codes for it so they can add it in a software update.

    It was definitely connected to the TV1 input/output and it was set for
    IR. The DP301 uses the 0775 code that does not work with the DP322.
    When I suggested to ReplayTV that they needed to get a DP322 to develop
    the codes, that is when they told me to contact Dish Network for the codes.

    I currently have the unit connected o the TV2 output and set the record
    sequence on the ReplayTV service and then set a timer on the Dish
    receiver. It works but it is a nuisance that could be resolved simply
    by ReplayTV working out the problem. Of course I have lost the live TV
    pause facility which I could have if I moved the outputs/inputs. Right
    now it allows me to record one channel while watching another like the
    cable DVR that I had for a short while did but I still have not decided
    what I am going to do.

    I have contacted ReplayTV once again for resolution but I have not heard
    anything as of this writing.

    Thanks.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    If you have some time to kill, try these codes with the fine tune settings
    below:

    IR Code 0775

    Fine tune settings:

    Min # of digits = 3
    SEND ENTER = YES
    Inter-Action Delay = 0200
    Response Delay = 0000
    Pre-Command Delay = 0000
    Inter-Command Delay = 0400

    check this link on how to enter fine tune settings:

    http://www.replaytv.com/support/replaytv/document.asp?docID=223

    also try code(s)

    1005
    1170
    1171
    1167

    > Little Brittle & the C Bag wrote:
    > > The DP322 has a dual tuner, so you can control this box from two
    locations.
    > > The first tuner (TV1) uses IR for the remote, this <should> work with
    the
    > > ReplayTV. The second tuner (TV2) uses RF for remote control, this won't
    > > work with the ReplayTV (since the IR Blaster is just that, IR)
    Hopefully,
    > > you can use the same IR code for the DP301 (3100) Model of Dish receiver
    for
    > > the DP322.
    > >
    > > you should first make sure your ReplayTV is hooked up to the TV1 tuner
    > > output, so it uses the IR codes for remote control.
    > >
    > > If that doesn't work, I think the only thing you can do is beg ReplayTV
    > > invest in a DP322 receiver for the QA dept. and have them test it, and
    > > determine the proper codes for it so they can add it in a software
    update.

    > It was definitely connected to the TV1 input/output and it was set for
    > IR. The DP301 uses the 0775 code that does not work with the DP322.
    > When I suggested to ReplayTV that they needed to get a DP322 to develop
    > the codes, that is when they told me to contact Dish Network for the
    codes.

    > I currently have the unit connected o the TV2 output and set the record
    > sequence on the ReplayTV service and then set a timer on the Dish
    > receiver. It works but it is a nuisance that could be resolved simply
    > by ReplayTV working out the problem. Of course I have lost the live TV
    > pause facility which I could have if I moved the outputs/inputs. Right
    > now it allows me to record one channel while watching another like the
    > cable DVR that I had for a short while did but I still have not decided
    > what I am going to do.
    >
    > I have contacted ReplayTV once again for resolution but I have not heard
    > anything as of this writing.
    >
    > Thanks.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    Robin Brumfield wrote:

    > That was my response to ReplayTV staff when they told me to call
    > Dishnetwork..."You are kidding me...right?"

    Not really... You see, you can tell Dish Net that the receiver they sent
    you is not compatible with your current hardware and could they please
    send a different model in exchange... Then you can get down to
    negotiation as to the model and you can wind up with one you KNOW works
    with the RTV. However... It's going to take some political training to
    get the job done... I'm not sure I'm politician enough to do it.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    Easier said than done, unless you're on some contract with Dish Network or
    threaten to quit (go with DirecTV), they probably won't update or replace
    the receiver. However, that isn't solving the problem. Something that
    ReplayTV could do if they actually invested the time to get a IR code for
    this model (if it is even possible)

    Its too bad that when you call Tech Support, it really isn't "tech Support"
    you're talking to. Most of the people answering these calls need to fill
    quotas to get a certain # of calls done in a day. The faster they get you
    off the phone, the faster they meet the quota.

    A real support department would have escalated the call, you might not get
    an answer right away but at least you would feel like someone was looking
    into the problem. They might have to spend a little time solving this one,
    but it would have saved many hassles for future customers.

    "John in Detroit" <Blanked@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > Robin Brumfield wrote:
    >

    > > That was my response to ReplayTV staff when they told me to call
    > > Dishnetwork..."You are kidding me...right?"
    >
    > Not really... You see, you can tell Dish Net that the receiver they sent
    > you is not compatible with your current hardware and could they please
    > send a different model in exchange... Then you can get down to
    > negotiation as to the model and you can wind up with one you KNOW works
    > with the RTV. However... It's going to take some political training to
    > get the job done... I'm not sure I'm politician enough to do it.

Ptv Replaytv Digital TV Video Cable ReplayTV