Are there any more New ReplayTV 5040

I'm hoping this Friday I can order a new 5040 but it seems that there's no
more to buy online...
30 answers Last reply
More about replaytv 5040

    NetBoot wrote:
    > I'm hoping this Friday I can order a new 5040 but it seems that there's no
    > more to buy online...

    There haven't been NEW 5040 in a LONG time. And now with IVS & CA
    disabled on 5500s via the mothership connects, all of the refurbs were
    wiped out. You can buy 5000s on eBay, but the prices are much higher
    than before.

    >You can buy 5000s on eBay, but the prices are much higher
    >than before.

    I see that too. Thses things seem to sell for an appreciable portion of their
    original price. That is rare for electronics.

    Also, check Amazon and the Replay site frequently. I just bought a
    slightly used 5040 w/Lifetime for $389 (not an auction) that arrived
    today from an Amazon associated seller and I bought a 5080 refurb for
    $150 delivered that popped up on the Replay Store site about 10 days ago
    and arrived last week. It was there for only a couple of days so they
    sold quickly. My guess is that as refurbs come up they'll continue to
    post them.

    From:Greg
    gfretwell@aol.com

    "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    > Also, check Amazon and the Replay site frequently. I just bought a
    > slightly used 5040 w/Lifetime for $389 (not an auction) that arrived today
    > from an Amazon associated seller and I bought a 5080 refurb for $150
    > delivered that popped up on the Replay Store site about 10 days ago and
    > arrived last week. It was there for only a couple of days so they sold
    > quickly. My guess is that as refurbs come up they'll continue to post
    > them.
    >
    > From:Greg
    > gfretwell@aol.com
    >
    >>> You can buy 5000s on eBay, but the prices are much higher
    >>> than before.
    >>
    >> I see that too. Thses things seem to sell for an appreciable portion
    >> of their original price. That is rare for electronics.

    The hell with ebay... I got luck today(Friday) and picked up a 5040 for 173
    bucks(S&H) off Amazon!

    Can't wait for it to arrive!

    "NetBoot" <netboot@ptd.net> wrote in message

    > "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    >> Also, check Amazon and the Replay site frequently. I just bought a
    >> slightly used 5040 w/Lifetime for $389 (not an auction) that arrived
    >> today from an Amazon associated seller and I bought a 5080 refurb for
    >> $150 delivered that popped up on the Replay Store site about 10 days ago
    >> and arrived last week. It was there for only a couple of days so they
    >> sold quickly. My guess is that as refurbs come up they'll continue to
    >> post them.
    >>
    >> From:Greg
    >> gfretwell@aol.com

    >>> I see that too. Thses things seem to sell for an appreciable portion
    >>> of their original price. That is rare for electronics.
    >>

    > The hell with ebay... I got luck today(Friday) and picked up a 5040 for
    > 173 bucks(S&H) off Amazon!
    >
    > Can't wait for it to arrive!

    Looks like I got screwed! It's the 5504 unit!

    On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 16:02:20 -0400, "NetBoot" <netboot@ptd.net> wrote:

    >"NetBoot" <netboot@ptd.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    >>> Also, check Amazon and the Replay site frequently. I just bought a
    >>> slightly used 5040 w/Lifetime for $389 (not an auction) that arrived
    >>> today from an Amazon associated seller and I bought a 5080 refurb for
    >>> $150 delivered that popped up on the Replay Store site about 10 days ago
    >>> and arrived last week. It was there for only a couple of days so they
    >>> sold quickly. My guess is that as refurbs come up they'll continue to
    >>> post them.
    >>>
    >>> From:Greg
    >>> gfretwell@aol.com

    >> The hell with ebay... I got luck today(Friday) and picked up a 5040 for
    >> 173 bucks(S&H) off Amazon!
    >>
    >> Can't wait for it to arrive!
    >>

    >Looks like I got screwed! It's the 5504 unit!

    Of course, a 55xx is ALMOST as good. It's still networkable, just
    lacks IVS. It works fine for local sharing, including DVArchive.

    In article <b9mln05ai7kjfna5bql9s0pkcj0s9ea56u@4ax.com>,
    Jack <jroberts@xxx.com> wrote:

    > Of course, a 55xx is ALMOST as good. It's still networkable, just
    > lacks IVS. It works fine for local sharing, including DVArchive.

    And while it lacks *automatic* commercial advance, it still has manual
    commercial advance. The software still tracks the commercial breaks,
    but it makes you hit the button to move forward to the next part of the
    program.

    On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 19:24:54 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
    <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

    >In article <b9mln05ai7kjfna5bql9s0pkcj0s9ea56u@4ax.com>,
    > Jack <jroberts@xxx.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Of course, a 55xx is ALMOST as good. It's still networkable, just
    >> lacks IVS. It works fine for local sharing, including DVArchive.
    >
    >And while it lacks *automatic* commercial advance,

    Which would be unreliable anyway. At least when you don't limit your
    viewing to certain shows.

    In article <3rqln0lci302c1g0km7kmuoos8jsduj4ij@4ax.com>,
    Tony <dont@email> wrote:

    > >And while it lacks *automatic* commercial advance,
    >
    > Which would be unreliable anyway. At least when you don't limit your
    > viewing to certain shows.

    My experience shows it to be above 80% reliable. It's magic.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    Return it and make them pay for shipping. If they sent you the wrong
    product it's their fault - not yours. Call them and tell them it's bait
    and switch and they'll send a call tag and send UPS or whoever out to
    get it.
    I got a 5080 from one of Amazon's dealers with Lifetime included for
    about $400 delivered.

    From:NetBoot
    netboot@ptd.net

    > "NetBoot" <netboot@ptd.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message
    >>> Also, check Amazon and the Replay site frequently. I just bought a
    >>> slightly used 5040 w/Lifetime for $389 (not an auction) that arrived
    >>> today from an Amazon associated seller and I bought a 5080 refurb
    >>> for $150 delivered that popped up on the Replay Store site about 10
    >>> days ago and arrived last week. It was there for only a couple of
    >>> days so they sold quickly. My guess is that as refurbs come up
    >>> they'll continue to post them.
    >>>
    >>> From:Greg
    >>> gfretwell@aol.com

    >> The hell with ebay... I got luck today(Friday) and picked up a 5040
    >> for 173 bucks(S&H) off Amazon!
    >>
    >> Can't wait for it to arrive!
    >>

    > Looks like I got screwed! It's the 5504 unit!
  11. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 20:23:29 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
    <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

    >In article <3rqln0lci302c1g0km7kmuoos8jsduj4ij@4ax.com>,
    > Tony <dont@email> wrote:
    >
    >> >And while it lacks *automatic* commercial advance,
    >>
    >> Which would be unreliable anyway. At least when you don't limit your
    >> viewing to certain shows.
    >
    >My experience shows it to be above 80% reliable. It's magic.

    How would you like a car that's safe 80% of the time?
  12. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    In article <p08mn0hdcumoi0ko3a9e5ndd6bada0nu7r@4ax.com>, Sam <a@b.c>
    wrote:

    > >My experience shows it to be above 80% reliable. It's magic.
    >
    > How would you like a car that's safe 80% of the time?

    RTV isn't a car. Why would you compare it to a car? Automatic
    commercial advance isn't a safety feature. Why would you compare it to
    a safety feature?

    That it works even 80% of the time is pretty magical. But it does
    depend on how the program material is broadcast. When you understand
    what it's doing and how, you appreciate that it works at all--and truly
    appreciate that it works as often as it does.

    Show/Nav uses the exact same technology as ACA, but requires that you
    push the button. No big deal there.

    I guess you want everything in your life to work like a refrigerator--it
    just is, and it always was, and it always works without you thinking
    about it. Well, something like show/nav or ACA isn't like that. It
    depends on the program material.

    If you don't like it, you can turn it off. But once you've had it on,
    you don't turn it off except for the few times it mistakes program
    material for a commercial break. You turn it off, get through your
    program material, then turn it back on.

    Frankly, it sounds like you have ACA envy. Why--do you have a 55xx
    series, or maybe a Tivo?
  13. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    I think you hit the nail on the head. Those who have it love it and
    those who don't say it's no big deal. I've had CA on VCRs for 10 years
    and was thrilled to see it offered on RTV. I'll only buy 5000 series
    because of that. I could live without show sharing but I also like that
    a lot too. CSI-NY was pre-empted the other night by some stupid local
    programming that nobody watched. Using poopli.com to make a request I
    had it downloaded the next day and watched it with CA skipping the
    commercials! before someone chimes in to remind me of my "duty" to
    watch commercials, let me say that I'm not looking to buy a new car, I
    don't drink beer, I don't suffer from ED, depression or a chronic stuffy
    nose and I'm not in the market for feminine hygene products or any kinds
    of patches. That pretty much eliminates my need to watch commercials.

    From:Elmo P. Shagnasty
    elmop@nastydesigns.com

    > In article <p08mn0hdcumoi0ko3a9e5ndd6bada0nu7r@4ax.com>, Sam <a@b.c>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>> My experience shows it to be above 80% reliable. It's magic.
    >>
    >> How would you like a car that's safe 80% of the time?
    >
    > RTV isn't a car. Why would you compare it to a car? Automatic
    > commercial advance isn't a safety feature. Why would you compare it
    > to a safety feature?
    >
    > That it works even 80% of the time is pretty magical. But it does
    > depend on how the program material is broadcast. When you understand
    > what it's doing and how, you appreciate that it works at all--and
    > truly appreciate that it works as often as it does.
    >
    > Show/Nav uses the exact same technology as ACA, but requires that you
    > push the button. No big deal there.
    >
    > I guess you want everything in your life to work like a
    > refrigerator--it just is, and it always was, and it always works
    > without you thinking about it. Well, something like show/nav or ACA
    > isn't like that. It depends on the program material.
    >
    > If you don't like it, you can turn it off. But once you've had it on,
    > you don't turn it off except for the few times it mistakes program
    > material for a commercial break. You turn it off, get through your
    > program material, then turn it back on.
    >
    > Frankly, it sounds like you have ACA envy. Why--do you have a 55xx
    > series, or maybe a Tivo?
  14. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:49:16 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
    <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

    >In article <p08mn0hdcumoi0ko3a9e5ndd6bada0nu7r@4ax.com>, Sam <a@b.c>
    >wrote:
    >
    >> >My experience shows it to be above 80% reliable. It's magic.
    >>
    >> How would you like a car that's safe 80% of the time?
    >
    >RTV isn't a car.

    EXACTLY the expected response. I continually give people an
    opportunity to use thier minds, and people continually refuse.

    > Why would you compare it to a car? Automatic
    >commercial advance isn't a safety feature. Why would you compare it to
    >a safety feature?

    Why do you want me to do your thinking for you.

    >That it works even 80% of the time is pretty magical.

    Interesting, since "magical" (like it's synonym "supernatural") is a
    word meaning "I don't know and I don't care".

    > But it does
    >depend on how the program material is broadcast. When you understand
    >what it's doing and how, you appreciate that it works at all--and truly
    >appreciate that it works as often as it does.

    I understand it quite well, abd know that it's unreliable. TV stations
    and networks would never allow the signal that would make CA nearly
    100% reliable.

    >Show/Nav uses the exact same technology as ACA, but requires that you
    >push the button. No big deal there.

    And I don't use it for that reason. The posts were about the
    DIFFERENCE between the <5500 units and the >5500 ones. Both have that.

    >I guess you want everything in your life to work like a refrigerator--it
    >just is, and it always was, and it always works without you thinking
    >about it.

    Looks like that describes you in a more important way. There's no
    insult here, just an observaiton. And yes, I know you won't get it.

    >. Well, something like show/nav or ACA isn't like that. It
    >depends on the program material.

    Yes. Therefore if you want CA to work reliably, you have to be
    selective about what you watch. Just as some others have said..

    >If you don't like it, you can turn it off. But once you've had it on,
    >you don't turn it off except for the few times it mistakes program
    >material for a commercial break.

    And just how did you know you missed something?

    > You turn it off, get through your
    >program material, then turn it back on.

    Why turn it back on? It could fail at any time.

    >Frankly, it sounds like you have ACA envy. Why--do you have a 55xx
    >series, or maybe a Tivo?

    Actually 5080. Absolutely no TiVo. Sorry for not fitting your
    assumptions :)
  15. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:49:16 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
    <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

    [snip]

    >If you don't like it, you can turn it off. But once you've had it on,
    >you don't turn it off

    I turned it on to try the new feature.
    It failed, skipping part of the show.
    I turned it off.

    [snip]

    Mark Lloyd
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
  16. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    BruceR wrote:
    > before someone chimes in to remind me of my "duty" to
    > watch commercials, let me say that I'm not looking to buy a new car,

    What duty to watch commericials? Your duty is to tune them out so even
    if you sit throuth them your mind just hears "Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" till
    the commericial goes away and the program returns.

    RTV, or Fast Forward on a VCR, make that a whole lot easier
  17. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

    > RTV isn't a car. Why would you compare it to a car? Automatic
    > commercial advance isn't a safety feature. Why would you compare it to
    > a safety feature?

    There is a song which contains the line "By the light of the Master Card
    Moon" (I think it's called, Late Night TV Blues, but I'm not sure about
    "Blues" part.

    Trust me.... It's a safety feature (If you accept the song as fact)

    *The song is satire, or joke, or humor, or something very funny*
  18. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    In article <rkmnn0hs9e6t5jk8djor4qtpr16fe8ad6p@4ax.com>,
    Mark Lloyd <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote:

    > >If you don't like it, you can turn it off. But once you've had it on,
    > >you don't turn it off
    >
    > I turned it on to try the new feature.
    > It failed, skipping part of the show.
    > I turned it off.

    You tried it once?

    Try it for a week solid. Get to know it.

    You'll be surprised.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    In article <ptlnn0limlli67o5qbtvb9av20rruf582e@4ax.com>, Sam <a@b.c>
    wrote:

    > I understand it quite well, abd know that it's unreliable.

    I understand it quite well, and know how it works, and know that it's
    very reliable with the program material I watch. I also know enough to
    pay a bit of attention to it, and when it doesn't work, how to go back
    and watch the program material. Takes very little effort.

    > >If you don't like it, you can turn it off. But once you've had it on,
    > >you don't turn it off except for the few times it mistakes program
    > >material for a commercial break.
    >
    > And just how did you know you missed something?

    It's pretty obvious.

    Now I get it. You'll never understand.

    > >RTV isn't a car.
    >
    > EXACTLY the expected response. I continually give people an
    > opportunity to use thier minds, and people continually refuse.

    You know, you have proven yourself to be pretty unstable.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 20:54:24 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
    <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

    >In article <rkmnn0hs9e6t5jk8djor4qtpr16fe8ad6p@4ax.com>,
    > Mark Lloyd <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote:
    >
    >> >If you don't like it, you can turn it off. But once you've had it on,
    >> >you don't turn it off
    >>
    >> I turned it on to try the new feature.
    >> It failed, skipping part of the show.
    >> I turned it off.
    >
    >You tried it once?

    When I first got a 5xxx Replay. An explanation or why I don't try it
    more would seem inappropriate in a thread filled with nasty responses
    to others. Maybe I'll post that some time.

    >Try it for a week solid. Get to know it.
    >
    >You'll be surprised.

    Mark Lloyd
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
  21. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    In article <2knon05pcmjldfj9cbgbmv9u5ssu0rluuu@4ax.com>,
    Mark Lloyd <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote:

    > >You tried it once?
    > >

    > When I first got a 5xxx Replay.

    And no more, eh? Wow.

    I can't imagine a non-destructive feature upsetting anyone that much
    that he'd never try it again.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    Mark, You might consider trying it again. I watch virtually every show
    with it and it's 98% accurate. It will tend to not catch commercials far
    more often than skipping program material. It seems to have the most
    trouble with Law & Order when they fade to almost black for a transition
    rather than a commercial. With most shows it's dead-on accurate. Keep
    in mind that it won't skip anything during the first two minutes of a
    program and it won't skip the show opening and promos that are part of
    the program.

    From:Mark Lloyd
    mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx

    > On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 20:54:24 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
    > <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

    >>> I turned it on to try the new feature.
    >>> It failed, skipping part of the show.
    >>> I turned it off.
    >>
    >> You tried it once?
    >>

    > When I first got a 5xxx Replay. An explanation or why I don't try it
    > more would seem inappropriate in a thread filled with nasty responses
    > to others. Maybe I'll post that some time.
    >
    >> Try it for a week solid. Get to know it.
    >>
    >> You'll be surprised.
    >
    > --
    > 62 days until the winter solstice celebration
    >
    > Mark Lloyd
    > http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
  23. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 22:10:59 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
    <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

    >In article <2knon05pcmjldfj9cbgbmv9u5ssu0rluuu@4ax.com>,
    > Mark Lloyd <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote:
    >
    >> >You tried it once?
    >> >

    >> When I first got a 5xxx Replay.
    >
    >And no more, eh? Wow.
    >
    >I can't imagine a non-destructive feature upsetting anyone that much
    >that he'd never try it again.

    I never said anything about "upsetting". The first time was exploring
    new features. I didn't try again because it was not that important.
    Could this be a case of "creative reading"?

    Mark Lloyd
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
  24. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 03:59:33 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
    wrote:

    >Mark, You might consider trying it again.

    Looks like I will. However, I have a limited interest in this since I
    find the "breaks" (unually not the commercials themselves) desirable
    (other than a few particularly offensive commercials I'll skip over
    manually).

    > I watch virtually every show
    >with it and it's 98% accurate. It will tend to not catch commercials far
    >more often than skipping program material. It seems to have the most
    >trouble with Law & Order when they fade to almost black for a transition
    >rather than a commercial.

    Yes, there are shows like that. The way people talk about it sounds
    like they have some way of knowing in advance which ones those are.

    The TV stations and networks could transmit a signal before and after
    each commercial (or bunch of commercials) that would allow automatic
    commercial-skipping with near 100% accuracy. Of course they won't.

    > With most shows it's dead-on accurate. Keep
    >in mind that it won't skip anything during the first two minutes of a
    >program and it won't skip the show opening and promos that are part of
    >the program.

    I wish it'd skip the promo for THAT episode, which can spoil the show
    by letting you know what's about to happen. I will skip those.

    >From:Mark Lloyd
    >mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx
    >
    >> On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 20:54:24 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
    >> <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

    >>> You tried it once?
    >>>

    >> When I first got a 5xxx Replay. An explanation or why I don't try it
    >> more would seem inappropriate in a thread filled with nasty responses
    >> to others. Maybe I'll post that some time.
    >>
    >>> Try it for a week solid. Get to know it.
    >>>
    >>> You'll be surprised.
    >>
    >> --
    >> 62 days until the winter solstice celebration
    >>
    >> Mark Lloyd
    >> http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

    Mark Lloyd
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
  25. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    In article <ljbqn01etpmrja1ejhp89vb37b5nf94vnl@4ax.com>,

    Nope. You said:

    > I turned it on to try the new feature.
    > It failed, skipping part of the show.
    > I turned it off.

    It's pretty clear. If failed, therefore you turned it off.

    Anyone who tries it once and doesn't like the result so much that he
    never tries it again, even to get a feel for what it's really like in
    the real world of programming...
  26. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    Mark Lloyd wrote:

    > The TV stations and networks could transmit a signal before and after
    > each commercial (or bunch of commercials) that would allow automatic
    > commercial-skipping with near 100% accuracy. Of course they won't.

    True, they could, and in fact most do, sort of (They transmit a code
    that indicates the name of the studio where what is currently showing
    was filmed... Commercials are filmed in "Commercial" studios, and
    features in "Feature" studios, so they usually have different codes)

    However it's counter productive, as to a television broadcaster the
    PRODUCT is not your favorite TV show... (That's the bait) but rather the
    Commercials (Yup, that's the "Switch")

    IN short, bait and switch... They bait you with the lovely Jennifer
    playing Ms. Bristo, And switch you to a commercial for whatever paid
    this week.
  27. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:31:46 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
    <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

    >In article <ljbqn01etpmrja1ejhp89vb37b5nf94vnl@4ax.com>,
    > Mark Lloyd <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote:
    >
    >> >I can't imagine a non-destructive feature upsetting anyone that much
    >> >that he'd never try it again.
    >>
    >> I never said anything about "upsetting". The first time was exploring
    >> new features. I didn't try again because it was not that important.
    >> Could this be a case of "creative reading"?
    >
    >Nope. You said:
    >
    >> I turned it on to try the new feature.
    >> It failed, skipping part of the show.
    >> I turned it off.
    >
    >It's pretty clear. If failed, therefore you turned it off.

    Right. There's no mention of "upsetting". I stated a fact that it
    didn't work. I actaully went back and checked that it was part of the
    program that the Replay skipped.

    >Anyone who tries it once and doesn't like the result so much that he
    >never tries it again, even to get a feel for what it's really like in
    >the real world of programming...

    That sentence fragment is seriously incomplete. Anyway, I already said
    it (CA) wasn't that important.

    Mark Lloyd
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
  28. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:06:29 GMT, John in Detroit
    <Blanked@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    >Mark Lloyd wrote:
    >
    >> The TV stations and networks could transmit a signal before and after
    >> each commercial (or bunch of commercials) that would allow automatic
    >> commercial-skipping with near 100% accuracy. Of course they won't.
    >
    >True, they could, and in fact most do, sort of (They transmit a code
    >that indicates the name of the studio where what is currently showing
    >was filmed... Commercials are filmed in "Commercial" studios, and
    >features in "Feature" studios, so they usually have different codes)

    I did have a TV once that claimed to be able to show that information.
    I had forgotten about that since few of the channels used it. Anyway,
    I thought it would stay the same all during the show (often 30 or 60
    minutes).

    >However it's counter productive, as to a television broadcaster the
    >PRODUCT is not your favorite TV show... (That's the bait) but rather the
    >Commercials (Yup, that's the "Switch")

    Right.

    >IN short, bait and switch... They bait you with the lovely Jennifer
    >playing Ms. Bristo, And switch you to a commercial for whatever paid
    >this week.

    Yes.

    Mark Lloyd
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
  29. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    In article <cmrsn01arj6b76jqhd2oiajp6jv1qt7fs3@4ax.com>,
    Mark Lloyd <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote:

    > >It's pretty clear. If failed, therefore you turned it off.
    > >

    > Right. There's no mention of "upsetting". I stated a fact that it
    > didn't work.

    One time.

    Sounds like Wile E. Coyote; he tried everything once, and never bothered
    to check or refine the concept with a second try.
  30. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 18:02:22 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
    <elmop@nastydesigns.com> wrote:

    >In article <cmrsn01arj6b76jqhd2oiajp6jv1qt7fs3@4ax.com>,
    > Mark Lloyd <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote:
    >
    >> >It's pretty clear. If failed, therefore you turned it off.
    >> >

    >> Right. There's no mention of "upsetting". I stated a fact that it
    >> didn't work.
    >
    >One time.

    So you now admit that I never said anything about anything
    "upsetting", and you made that up?

    >Sounds like Wile E. Coyote; he tried everything once, and never bothered
    >to check or refine the concept with a second try.

    And you failed to notice that I said I didn't try THAT ONE THING again
    because it was unimportant. There are too many things in this world,
    to be trying EVERYTHING (no matter how unimportant) repeatedly.

    Mark Lloyd
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Ptv Replaytv Video ReplayTV