Replacing disd on 5040

The disk on a 5040 seems to have given up the ghost. I can return it to
RTV, but know that is can be replaced by me. However, I want to do it
with the least pain.

I don't want to have to create the appropriate image on the new disk. I
know there are people who sell appropriate upgrade disks which can just
be installed. Can anyone direct me to a reputable such person.

I am sure that I can intall the disk, I just don't want to have to
involve my computer in the affair.

Thanks.

--
Jerry Bank
Trenton, New Jersey

    In article <MPG.1bd79facf1770cc2989776@news.peoplepc.com>,
    Jerry Bank <bankcello@peoplepc.com> wrote:

    > I don't want to have to create the appropriate image on the new disk. I
    > know there are people who sell appropriate upgrade disks which can just
    > be installed. Can anyone direct me to a reputable such person.
    >
    > I am sure that I can intall the disk, I just don't want to have to
    > involve my computer in the affair.

    Do you have a geeky friend who always seems to have the cover off his
    computer?

    Really, truly, and honestly, this is about a 2 minute affair to prepare
    a disk for use in RTV. A decent geeky kinda guy would do it for the
    challenge alone--but he'd appreciate the beer and pizza you brought
    along.

    These guys are expensive:

    http://www.digitalrecorder.com/main/catalog/wrapper.php?file=upgrade.html

    but hey, they do the two minute thing for you AND warranty the drive.

    A hard drive is $50. Beer and pizza, $30. Or those guys, $190.

    I want to replace the HD on my PV-HS2000. Second time it has gone out.
    Where can I get the instructions for formatting the hard drive?

    thanks

    Well that didn't work. I want to replace my hard drive in my HV2000. Where
    can I get the configuration for the new hard drive. Any HD speed
    requirements?

    thanks

    This may help you http://rtvpatch.sourceforge.net/

    The earlier RPTV and SS units had a max of 137GB/137 hrs. 5400RPM HDs are
    recommended. 7200s run hotter.

    Good Luck!

    "NASGroup" <kevin@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Well that didn't work. I want to replace my hard drive in my HV2000. Where
    > can I get the configuration for the new hard drive. Any HD speed
    > requirements?
    >
    > thanks

Ptv Replaytv ReplayTV