How to Install 2 LNBs on One Dish?

Archived from groups: rec.video.satellite.tvro,alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

I have an old Primestar dish that had its LNB replaced with a Dish
Network one when I subscribed to that service. I dropped Dish a few
years ago, but now want to use that dish for Ku signals (and using a H-H
mount). However, I want to keep the DISH LNB to pick up the occasional
FTA circular polarity signals as well (like their music channels).

What is the best way to mount 2 LNBs on a dish - both the DISH one and a
KU one? (I will obviously be using a Diseqc switch to select them.) I'm
concerned that they both accurately point to the focal spot/sweet
spot/whatever you want to call it, so that when I point to a satellite,
*BOTH* LNBs give their best possible signal without needing minor
corrections east or west.
2 answers Last reply
More about install lnbs dish
  1. Archived from groups: rec.video.satellite.tvro,alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    >I have an old Primestar dish that had its LNB replaced with a Dish
    > Network one when I subscribed to that service. I dropped Dish a few
    > years ago, but now want to use that dish for Ku signals (and using a H-H
    > mount). However, I want to keep the DISH LNB to pick up the occasional
    > FTA circular polarity signals as well (like their music channels).
    >
    > What is the best way to mount 2 LNBs on a dish - both the DISH one and a
    > KU one? (I will obviously be using a Diseqc switch to select them.) I'm
    > concerned that they both accurately point to the focal spot/sweet
    > spot/whatever you want to call it, so that when I point to a satellite,
    > *BOTH* LNBs give their best possible signal without needing minor
    > corrections east or west.

    The focal point is the size of a golf ball, there is no way that both
    feedhorns can be at this point at the same time.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.video.satellite.tvro,alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    Stop Humpin' My Leg Dawg!! wrote:

    >>I have an old Primestar dish that had its LNB replaced with a Dish
    >>Network one when I subscribed to that service. I dropped Dish a few
    >>years ago, but now want to use that dish for Ku signals (and using a H-H
    >>mount). However, I want to keep the DISH LNB to pick up the occasional
    >>FTA circular polarity signals as well (like their music channels).
    >>
    >>What is the best way to mount 2 LNBs on a dish - both the DISH one and a
    >>KU one? (I will obviously be using a Diseqc switch to select them.) I'm
    >>concerned that they both accurately point to the focal spot/sweet
    >>spot/whatever you want to call it, so that when I point to a satellite,
    >>*BOTH* LNBs give their best possible signal without needing minor
    >>corrections east or west.
    >

    > The focal point is the size of a golf ball, there is no way that both
    > feedhorns can be at this point at the same time.

    You CAN pick up more than one sat on the P* dish.
    Not a closeup but you can see it here...
    http://www.4044221795.com/4LNB.jpg

    Also at this site
    http://www.global-cm.net/multifeedsys.html

MPEG DVB Video