COMPUTER WONT TURN ON (but the light turns on)! Details inside...

PandazHub

Reputable
Jul 6, 2014
Hello, i have a Windows 8.1 computer I bought from Microsoft from around a year ago. I will be very honest; my computer has been struggling alot over the year but i always would fix it my self. One time, the icons on the start screen would not show the picture and wont open (i tried everything). While this was occuring, when i played games at full screen (sometimes not full screen) the whole computer would crash into a gray screen with black line/just black screen/blue screen (blue screen happened once). Then i got sick of everything and took advice from someone online and just resetted my hard drive about a month ago (just in case there was a really bad virus). Everything was working perfect from then on. Then all of a sudden, a few days ago; I download Photoshop from ThePiraateBay (i had antivirus on so dont worry) and it worked flawlessly. I checked if it had a virus multiple times. Then one day while i was working on the program and watching a video, I got a big gray screen with the volume from the video still going. I got scared, hoping that nothing bad happened, so I shut off the computer but when I did the volume from the video glitched out when i shut it off repeating for a few seconds. I left my computer stay asleep over that night (**I DIDN'T KNOW IF THE COMPUTER WAS CAPPABLE OF TURNING BACK ON YET!!**). The next morning, a Verizon worker came over to add a phone line (we just moved into the house) and while he was working down there, thats when i realized the conputer wont turn on. The only reason i bring that up is because we use Comcast wifi and he might have sent a surge up my lan cable (maybe?) accidently.

THE WEIRD THINGS : 1. When i change the source on my computer it gives a sound as if a bubble popped.
2. When i turn on the computer, the lights go on but the screen does (absolutely nothing)

THINGS TO NOTE : 1. It is a Samsung computer 2. i think we bought it New Years coming into 2013(or 12) 3. Like i said, the lights come on but the screen does not 4. I have tried pluging it into another outlet 4. It is a Radeon graphics card, I cant get the spefic type because i cant get into the computer :( and it is an i7 with 8 gigs of ram. It is also an all in one computer. 5. The computer isnt meant for gaming but thats the only reason i used it :\

the mother may be short of faulty so remove every cables connected from the psu to the board .....remove the ram,hdd cables ,gpu,processor,Bios battery for 5 min and then reinstall everything .....if its short motherboard and not a dead one then it may work ...