    particularly on CBS, although it's been much less frequent lately.

    From:TLP
    TLP@nospam.com

    TLP wrote:

    > I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem with my RTV5504. I sometimes get
    > pixilated video, either on recorded programs or live TV. Could this be
    > because my AV receiver is on top of the ReplayTV unit? TIA!

    I have noticed it pixilates when the signal is too weak and it can't see
    all of it, Since I'm watching "Off the air broadcast" this does not
    make sense. I would not expect static to pixilate

    Here iare some suggestions

    First:

    CHECK ALL CONNECTIONS Do not just check to make sure they are screwed
    in tight, Remove and inspect to make sure the cable looks good. I had a
    serious problem with one of my VCR's and the tv it feeds here... Turns
    out the cable end was bad and needed to be re-assembled.

    Assumption... You are feeding the REPLAY via the ANT-IN (RF-IN) jack

    IF your AV receiver has direcct video out, or better yet S-Video out
    (many do) USE IT, to feed the RePlay. S-Video is an option (Needs to
    be set up via the menus) on the LINE-2 input only, Standard
    Left-Right-Compisit can be put in via either line 1 or line 2. But
    Left-Right S-Video is a line 2 only, and you MUST select the S-Video
    input in setup menu

    You should go to work for the ReplayTV tech support department! They could
    use a person who answers quickly and helpfully! Even though I had all my
    cabling done according to the installation diagram, your suggestion to use
    my AV receiver's S-video in/out jacks made a world of difference. THANKS!!!

    From:TLP
    TLP@nospam.com

    > You should go to work for the ReplayTV tech support department! <snip>

    But then he'd have to move to India!

    TLP wrote:

    > You should go to work for the ReplayTV tech support department! They could
    > use a person who answers quickly and helpfully! Even though I had all my
    > cabling done according to the installation diagram, your suggestion to use
    > my AV receiver's S-video in/out jacks made a world of difference. THANKS!!!

    Sounds like the cable you were using was faulty... It happens some times

    I have a PCMCIA card here on the laptop (USB 2.0 card) that came with a
    "extra power" cord (Plugs into a PS/2 port to provide additional power
    to the card if you are plugging in, say USB powered disk drives, or
    speakers) Darn cord was wired BACKWARDS.

    IF you wish to send my name up to Replay I likely would not turn down a
    job offer... Though I'm both retired and employed now... A better office
    would be nice... one I don't have to mop & wax every week :-)

    (By the way.... My job for the last quarter century or so has been
    helping people... Now I'll admit not all of them wanted my help, but
    many got it anyway. How did I help them (I was a police dispatcher)
    Well you see, last night they had trouble sleeping cause they had to
    worry about "THE MAN" coming and hauling their sorry (Deleted) off to
    jail. Tonight they don't have to worry about that... You see... Thanks
    to my skill and ability with the department's computer they have been
    hauled off to said jail and can sleep soundly in the knowledge that the
    worst that can happen... Has)

    BruceR wrote:

    > From:TLP
    > TLP@nospam.com
    >

    >>You should go to work for the ReplayTV tech support department! <snip>
    >

    > But then he'd have to move to India!

    Forgot about that..... Telecommutting?

    (And sorry about the coffee/pop/whatever you were drinking on your
    monitor after my last post)

    "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com> wrote in message

    > From:TLP
    > TLP@nospam.com
    >
    > > You should go to work for the ReplayTV tech support department! <snip>
    >
    > But then he'd have to move to India!

    Nah... I understand that the Indian companies are outsourcing and hiring
    Americans to field their technical questions!

Ptv Replaytv Video ReplayTV