4DTV Does Not Power Off

It goes G0 and turns on get get the nighty up date but
does not turn off. Still on in morning. No timers set.
Any hint to fix???
8 answers Last reply
More about 4dtv power
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    I may be mistaken (I don't think so) but you don't need to have your 4D
    receiver on to get the listing. I turn my Analog and 4D sidecar off before I
    go to bed and the Analog receiver still turns to G0 and I get all the
    listings without ether one being left on.
    E'm I right BUD Gurus?

    "Harry Dawson" <hdawson4@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > It goes G0 and turns on get get the nighty up date but
    > does not turn off. Still on in morning. No timers set.
    > Any hint to fix???
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Ben wrote:
    > I may be mistaken (I don't think so) but you don't need to have your 4D
    > receiver on to get the listing. I turn my Analog and 4D sidecar off before I
    > go to bed and the Analog receiver still turns to G0 and I get all the
    > listings without ether one being left on.
    > E'm I right BUD Gurus?
    >
    > "Harry Dawson" <hdawson4@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>It goes G0 and turns on get get the nighty up date but
    >>does not turn off. Still on in morning. No timers set.
    >>Any hint to fix???

    turning it "off" doesn't really turn it off...just changes the display
    and vid/aud out..
  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 07:18:52 -0300, "@THIS@hfx.eastlink.ca"
    <""ve1jotREMOVE\"@THIS@hfx.eastlink.ca"> wrote:

    >Ben wrote:
    >> I may be mistaken (I don't think so) but you don't need to have your 4D
    >> receiver on to get the listing. I turn my Analog and 4D sidecar off before I
    >> go to bed and the Analog receiver still turns to G0 and I get all the
    >> listings without ether one being left on.
    >> E'm I right BUD Gurus?
    >>
    >> "Harry Dawson" <hdawson4@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>It goes G0 and turns on get get the nighty up date but
    >>>does not turn off. Still on in morning. No timers set.
    >>>Any hint to fix???
    >>

    >turning it "off" doesn't really turn it off...just changes the display
    >and vid/aud out..

    Electronically yes, but it may go into a "different state of mind"
    when you turn it off, so that it can update guide data and such.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 11:04:04 -0400, Harry Dawson
    <hdawson4@comcast.net> wrote:

    >It goes G0 and turns on get get the nighty up date but
    >does not turn off. Still on in morning. No timers set.
    >Any hint to fix???

    Sure, get one of these

    http://www.internationaldelivers.com/site_layout/severe/cxt.asp

    and stomp on it.

    Otherwise, pull the power plug for 1 minute, and replug it in; no go,
    master reboot.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    I have no idea why the receiver is not powering down after the
    dish moves to G0.

    The simplest thing to do probably would be to move the dish to
    G0 before you power down. I have not used the auto-update in
    years. Auto-update is disabled on my receiver. I move the dish
    to G0 before I power it down at night and all is well.

    It does not matter what channel you are tuned to on G0 before
    powering down. It does not matter what time of day or night
    it is when you power down. You can do it at noon and if you
    allow the receiver to remain powered down the IPG should
    download.

    "Harry Dawson" <hdawson4@comcast.net> wrote in message
    | It goes G0 and turns on get get the nighty up date but
    | does not turn off. Still on in morning. No timers set.
    | Any hint to fix???
  6. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    The 4dtv manual for both the sidecar and the 922 say they must be on G0-101
    by 2am and no later than 4am and they must be OFF for the guide to be
    updated.

    "Ben" <none@none.moc> wrote in message news:syN1d.3629$g9.501@trnddc06...
    > I may be mistaken (I don't think so) but you don't need to have your 4D
    > receiver on to get the listing. I turn my Analog and 4D sidecar off before
    > go to bed and the Analog receiver still turns to G0 and I get all the
    > listings without ether one being left on.
    > E'm I right BUD Gurus?
    >
    > "Harry Dawson" <hdawson4@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > It goes G0 and turns on get get the nighty up date but
    > > does not turn off. Still on in morning. No timers set.
    > > Any hint to fix???

  7. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Regardless of what the manuals say.

    The IPG should download any time of day or night if you aim the dish
    at Galaxy 10 and power down. The only thing that the auto-update does
    is move the dish to G0 between 2:00 and 6:00 PM if the receiver is powered
    down. There is a routine that the receiver runs during power down that
    takes care of things after that. This routine cycles.

    If you move the dish to G0 and power down it does not matter what channel
    the receiver is tuned to, the powered down routine will look for the IPG
    info. If you have a 905/Analog combo and the analog receiver controls the
    polarity you must tune the analog receiver to a channel using the correct
    polarity. Other than that it does not matter what channel the 905 is tuned
    to when you power down, the routine should be able to find the IPG.

    The manual probably gives those instructions because most of us relate
    better to specific instructions, and as a matter of convenience it is not
    productive to go into a discussion of the power down routine.

    I have no idea why his receiver is not powering down after the dish moves.
    I do not remember anybody ever reporting this problem.

    "Valdivar" <rebelleader68@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | The 4dtv manual for both the sidecar and the 922 say they must be on G0-101
    | by 2am and no later than 4am and they must be OFF for the guide to be
    | updated.
    |
    | "Ben" <none@none.moc> wrote in message news:syN1d.3629$g9.501@trnddc06...
    | > I may be mistaken (I don't think so) but you don't need to have your 4D
    | > receiver on to get the listing. I turn my Analog and 4D sidecar off before
    | > go to bed and the Analog receiver still turns to G0 and I get all the
    | > listings without ether one being left on.
    | > E'm I right BUD Gurus?
    | >
    | > "Harry Dawson" <hdawson4@comcast.net> wrote in message
    | > > It goes G0 and turns on get get the nighty up date but
    | > > does not turn off. Still on in morning. No timers set.
    | > > Any hint to fix???

  8. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    <hdawson4@comcast.net> wrote:

    >It goes G0 and turns on get get the nighty up date but
    >does not turn off. Still on in morning. No timers set.
    >Any hint to fix???

    You forgot to turn it off.

4DTV Satellite Video Power