Regular remotes vs Bar code remotes

I'm thinking of buying this remote http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=381&item=6322506086 for my pioneer laserdisc player but am unsure of what the difference is exactly between using one of these and using the regular remote. My remote is currently sitting in several pieces after being used as a chew toy by my golden retriever. Any thoughts? Or is there a good cheap universal remote that anyone can recommend? I'm too paranoid to ask the seller.
2 answers Last reply
More about regular remotes bar code remotes

    If you don't have a double sided player, then the one below is preferable
    since it can select the various audio channels and can turn your unit on and
    off.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3317&item=5719806612&
    rd=1

    If you have a double sided player, shop around for one with the A & B
    buttons.

    What model is your player or remote?

    Pioneer still sells many remotes new on their website. Some are reasonably
    priced.

    Mike

    <desperate@hellmouth.com> wrote in message
    > I'm thinking of buying this remote
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=381&item=6322506086
    for my pioneer laserdisc player but am unsure of what the difference is
    exactly between using one of these and using the regular remote. My remote
    is currently sitting in several pieces after being used as a chew toy by my
    golden retriever. Any thoughts? Or is there a good cheap universal remote
    that anyone can recommend? I'm too paranoid to ask the seller.

    Here's a model CU-CLD047 double sided remote that's really for the model
    CLD-V820, V830, and V840 karaoke player.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64608&item=5719444269
    &rd=1

    The ad states that it is also for the V750, but the V750 was single sided
    and came with the model CU-CLD102.

    Mike

    <desperate@hellmouth.com> wrote in message
    > I'm thinking of buying this remote
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=381&item=6322506086
    for my pioneer laserdisc player but am unsure of what the difference is
    exactly between using one of these and using the regular remote. My remote
    is currently sitting in several pieces after being used as a chew toy by my
    golden retriever. Any thoughts? Or is there a good cheap universal remote
    that anyone can recommend? I'm too paranoid to ask the seller.

Laser Disc Players Pioneer Video