IVS question

5080, ethernet, cable,

I only (used to) share shows w one person. No longer functional. I can
"receive" but download begins and stays at 0% followed by "network error,
check internet connection" No problems at all with connection. Router and
forwarding all OK.

I can http://xx.xxx.xx.xx:29000/ivs-IVSGetUnitInfo successfully from both
WAN and LAN side.

Can someone: 1) Suggest the possible problem (in my box? RTV server? Other
person's ?)

2) Send a test show to 00004-54941-01587 ?

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about ivs question

    On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 17:40:17 -0500, "Terence" <tnc3p@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >5080, ethernet, cable,
    >
    >I only (used to) share shows w one person. No longer functional.

    Did you or the other person change anything when it quit working?

    > I can
    >"receive" but download begins and stays at 0% followed by "network error,
    >check internet connection" No problems at all with connection. Router and
    >forwarding all OK.

    Are you sure that your Replay's LAN IP is still the same? I had that
    problem, it was changing every week. I fixed it by assigning a static
    LAN IP (and made sure to update my router properly).

    There's also a possability of your ISP blocking that port. You could
    call the ISP, although that may not work (you usually get someone who
    doesn't know).

    There's the internet security scan at
    https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 which should show your Replay's
    port as "open" and the others as "stealth". This site is a good thing
    for everyone to do, whether they have a Replay not working or not.

    >I can http://xx.xxx.xx.xx:29000/ivs-IVSGetUnitInfo successfully from both
    >WAN and LAN side.

    Can you access the other person's Replay that way (changing the IP, of
    course). He could try the same things I mentioned above.

    >Can someone: 1) Suggest the possible problem (in my box? RTV server? Other
    >person's ?)
    >
    > 2) Send a test show to 00004-54941-01587 ?

    The first step is adding that to the sender's "Address book" (which
    seems to be enough to verify connection)...... Success (added Replay
    "Tahwee").... Now sending short test clip (from my Replay
    "Tesseract")..... Replay says "OK". See if you can receive it.

    I could try sending one to the other person too, if I had that ID.

    >Thanks

    Mark Lloyd
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

    "Mark Lloyd" <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 17:40:17 -0500, "Terence" <tnc3p@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >>5080, ethernet, cable,
    >>
    >>I only (used to) share shows w one person. No longer functional.
    >
    > Did you or the other person change anything when it quit working?
    >
    >> I can
    >>"receive" but download begins and stays at 0% followed by "network error,
    >>check internet connection" No problems at all with connection. Router and
    >>forwarding all OK.
    >>

    > Are you sure that your Replay's LAN IP is still the same? I had that
    > problem, it was changing every week. I fixed it by assigning a static
    > LAN IP (and made sure to update my router properly).
    >
    > There's also a possability of your ISP blocking that port. You could
    > call the ISP, although that may not work (you usually get someone who
    > doesn't know).
    >
    > There's the internet security scan at
    > https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 which should show your Replay's
    > port as "open" and the others as "stealth". This site is a good thing
    > for everyone to do, whether they have a Replay not working or not.
    >
    >>I can http://xx.xxx.xx.xx:29000/ivs-IVSGetUnitInfo successfully from both
    >>WAN and LAN side.
    >>

    > Can you access the other person's Replay that way (changing the IP, of
    > course). He could try the same things I mentioned above.
    >
    >>Can someone: 1) Suggest the possible problem (in my box? RTV server?
    >>Other
    >>person's ?)
    >>
    >> 2) Send a test show to 00004-54941-01587 ?
    >>

    > The first step is adding that to the sender's "Address book" (which
    > seems to be enough to verify connection)...... Success (added Replay
    > "Tahwee").... Now sending short test clip (from my Replay
    > "Tesseract")..... Replay says "OK". See if you can receive it.
    >
    > I could try sending one to the other person too, if I had that ID.
    >
    >>Thanks
    >>

    > --
    > 111 days until the winter solstice celebration
    >
    > Mark Lloyd
    > http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

    tesseract rocks

    currently at 65% received

    ergo: problem is either solved universally or problem is with other person's
    5080/ISP/router....

    haven't tried the LAN/WAN interrogation on their machine yet (one of the 99%
    of NYC residents out of town)

    thanks for the help

    "Terence" <tnc3p@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > "Mark Lloyd" <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 17:40:17 -0500, "Terence" <tnc3p@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>5080, ethernet, cable,
    >>>
    >>>I only (used to) share shows w one person. No longer functional.
    >>
    >> Did you or the other person change anything when it quit working?
    >>
    >>> I can
    >>>"receive" but download begins and stays at 0% followed by "network error,
    >>>check internet connection" No problems at all with connection. Router and
    >>>forwarding all OK.
    >>>

    >> Are you sure that your Replay's LAN IP is still the same? I had that
    >> problem, it was changing every week. I fixed it by assigning a static
    >> LAN IP (and made sure to update my router properly).
    >>
    >> There's also a possability of your ISP blocking that port. You could
    >> call the ISP, although that may not work (you usually get someone who
    >> doesn't know).
    >>
    >> There's the internet security scan at
    >> https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 which should show your Replay's
    >> port as "open" and the others as "stealth". This site is a good thing
    >> for everyone to do, whether they have a Replay not working or not.
    >>
    >>>I can http://xx.xxx.xx.xx:29000/ivs-IVSGetUnitInfo successfully from both
    >>>WAN and LAN side.
    >>>

    >> Can you access the other person's Replay that way (changing the IP, of
    >> course). He could try the same things I mentioned above.
    >>
    >>>Can someone: 1) Suggest the possible problem (in my box? RTV server?
    >>>Other
    >>>person's ?)
    >>>
    >>> 2) Send a test show to 00004-54941-01587 ?
    >>>

    >> The first step is adding that to the sender's "Address book" (which
    >> seems to be enough to verify connection)...... Success (added Replay
    >> "Tahwee").... Now sending short test clip (from my Replay
    >> "Tesseract")..... Replay says "OK". See if you can receive it.
    >>
    >> I could try sending one to the other person too, if I had that ID.
    >>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>

    >> --
    >> 111 days until the winter solstice celebration
    >>
    >> Mark Lloyd
    >> http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
    >

    > tesseract rocks
    >
    > currently at 65% received
    >
    > ergo: problem is either solved universally or problem is with other
    > person's 5080/ISP/router....
    >
    > haven't tried the LAN/WAN interrogation on their machine yet (one of the
    > 99% of NYC residents out of town)
    >
    > thanks for the help

    in other words I can't get them to give me the WAN/LAN IP address, real time
    monitor activity or change port settings etc to tweak

    I can send a show and my Replay says OK, but obviously it syas OK to the RTV
    server and then it never gets to his RTV box => incoming problem there

    On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 22:35:15 -0500, "Terence" <tnc3p@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >"Terence" <tnc3p@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Mark Lloyd" <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote in message

    >>> Did you or the other person change anything when it quit working?

    >>> Are you sure that your Replay's LAN IP is still the same? I had that
    >>> problem, it was changing every week. I fixed it by assigning a static
    >>> LAN IP (and made sure to update my router properly).
    >>>
    >>> There's also a possability of your ISP blocking that port. You could
    >>> call the ISP, although that may not work (you usually get someone who
    >>> doesn't know).
    >>>
    >>> There's the internet security scan at
    >>> https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 which should show your Replay's
    >>> port as "open" and the others as "stealth". This site is a good thing
    >>> for everyone to do, whether they have a Replay not working or not.

    >>> Can you access the other person's Replay that way (changing the IP, of
    >>> course). He could try the same things I mentioned above.

    >>> The first step is adding that to the sender's "Address book" (which
    >>> seems to be enough to verify connection)...... Success (added Replay
    >>> "Tahwee").... Now sending short test clip (from my Replay
    >>> "Tesseract")..... Replay says "OK". See if you can receive it.
    >>>
    >>> I could try sending one to the other person too, if I had that ID.

    >>> --
    >>> 111 days until the winter solstice celebration
    >>>
    >>> Mark Lloyd
    >>> http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
    >>

    >> tesseract rocks
    >>
    >> currently at 65% received
    >>
    >> ergo: problem is either solved universally or problem is with other
    >> person's 5080/ISP/router....
    >>
    >> haven't tried the LAN/WAN interrogation on their machine yet (one of the
    >> 99% of NYC residents out of town)
    >>
    >> thanks for the help
    >>

    >in other words I can't get them to give me the WAN/LAN IP address, real time
    >monitor activity or change port settings etc to tweak
    >
    >I can send a show and my Replay says OK, but obviously it syas OK to the RTV
    >server and then it never gets to his RTV box => incoming problem there

    Antoher thing that helps (even though I haven't got anyone to
    acknowledge it yet) is to use the log from your router. It shows what
    connections have been made. For example, when you use IVS, it should
    show a connection from your Replay to the Replay server, and then one
    from your Replay to the other person's Replay. Most routers should
    allow logging.

    Mark Lloyd
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Ptv Replaytv