Is this what you would expect from Pansat 2500a with aspec..

Have standard 480i TV. Normal 4:3 on Pansat 2500a NTSC gives full
screen when viewing a DVB FTA channel. When I change the receiver
to 16:9, it gives me black bars on the sides, not on top/bottom
like I expected.
4 answers Last reply
More about expect pansat 2500a aspec
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    thats normal with a standard tv, get yourself a widescreen TV if you want to
    use this feature

    "rose" <rose122550DONTSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Have standard 480i TV. Normal 4:3 on Pansat 2500a NTSC gives full
    > screen when viewing a DVB FTA channel. When I change the receiver
    > to 16:9, it gives me black bars on the sides, not on top/bottom
    > like I expected.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    rose wrote:

    > Have standard 480i TV. Normal 4:3 on Pansat 2500a NTSC gives full
    > screen when viewing a DVB FTA channel. When I change the receiver
    > to 16:9, it gives me black bars on the sides, not on top/bottom
    > like I expected.

    Sounds like that setting is to indicate what your TV is.

    If you've got a 16:9 TV, it will format 4:3 content by putting black
    bars on the side.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    If this is normal with a standard tv, why do I get an apparent 16:9 format
    (sometimes on commercials) on some ota screens (which gives black bars at
    the top and bottom)?

    "Me" <me@me.com> wrote in message news:<I7RXc.35039$DG.1774949@news20.bellglobal.com>...
    > thats normal with a standard tv, get yourself a widescreen TV if you want to
    > use this feature

  4. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    some of the sd channels are "experimenting" with widescreen (1.78:1 aka
    16:9),in order to get people used to the coming changes.

    > If this is normal with a standard tv, why do I get an apparent 16:9 format
    > (sometimes on commercials) on some ota screens (which gives black bars at
    > the top and bottom)?
    >
    > "Me" <me@me.com> wrote in message
    > > thats normal with a standard tv, get yourself a widescreen TV if you
    want to
    > > use this feature

    ---

MPEG DVB TV Video