dvb + analog

Are there any dvb receivers that will also do analog NTSC?
I have a 2500a with a pansat br-1000 analog tuner
the tuner has knobs that I have to get up and turn to change channels
I would like something that is all integrated.
6 answers Last reply
More about dvb analog
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    Satcruiser makes one.

    www.satcruiser.com

    be aware that some people noted that the satcruiser had\has an insensitive
    tuner.

    "gopher2" <admin@gophnet.org> wrote in message
    > Are there any dvb receivers that will also do analog NTSC?
    > I have a 2500a with a pansat br-1000 analog tuner
    > the tuner has knobs that I have to get up and turn to change channels
    > I would like something that is all integrated.

    ---
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    I just checked the website
    Not sure which one?Download this as a file

    "Valdivar" <rebelleader68@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Satcruiser makes one.
    >
    > www.satcruiser.com
    >
    > be aware that some people noted that the satcruiser had\has an insensitive
    > tuner.
    >
    > "gopher2" <admin@gophnet.org> wrote in message
    > > Are there any dvb receivers that will also do analog NTSC?
    > > I have a 2500a with a pansat br-1000 analog tuner
    > > the tuner has knobs that I have to get up and turn to change channels
    > > I would like something that is all integrated.
    > >

    > ---

  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:10:12 -0500, "gopher2" <admin@gophnet.org>
    wrote:

    >Are there any dvb receivers that will also do analog NTSC?
    >I have a 2500a with a pansat br-1000 analog tuner
    >the tuner has knobs that I have to get up and turn to change channels
    >I would like something that is all integrated.

    They make them, but I doubt you would want it. Your setup is sweet.
    You could replace the analog for one with a remote, but I would just
    cable your existing tuner over to your chair. Knobs are the best way
    on KU still.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    is there no way to fine tune digitally ?

    "kryppy" <kryppy@.> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:10:12 -0500, "gopher2" <admin@gophnet.org>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Are there any dvb receivers that will also do analog NTSC?
    > >I have a 2500a with a pansat br-1000 analog tuner
    > >the tuner has knobs that I have to get up and turn to change channels
    > >I would like something that is all integrated.
    > >

    > They make them, but I doubt you would want it. Your setup is sweet.
    > You could replace the analog for one with a remote, but I would just
    > cable your existing tuner over to your chair. Knobs are the best way
    > on KU still.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    gopher2 wrote:

    > Are there any dvb receivers that will also do analog NTSC?
    > I have a 2500a with a pansat br-1000 analog tuner
    > the tuner has knobs that I have to get up and turn to change channels
    > I would like something that is all integrated.

    About the only one I've seen is this one:

    http://www.satcruiser.com/specs_401.htm
  6. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 01:05:01 -0500, "gopher2" <admin@gophnet.org>
    wrote:

    >is there no way to fine tune digitally ?

    Some of the simple analog IRD's have a remote and you can just slide
    through the range like a dial, but I found it way slower. Perhaps
    someone knows one that will beat my VP-1000 or your BR, but I doubt
    it.
    Lee from Mectec had some cool ones. I haven't seen him post anywhere
    lately though.

    >"kryppy" <kryppy@.> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:10:12 -0500, "gopher2" <admin@gophnet.org>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Are there any dvb receivers that will also do analog NTSC?
    >> >I have a 2500a with a pansat br-1000 analog tuner
    >> >the tuner has knobs that I have to get up and turn to change channels
    >> >I would like something that is all integrated.
    >> >

    >> They make them, but I doubt you would want it. Your setup is sweet.
    >> You could replace the analog for one with a remote, but I would just
    >> cable your existing tuner over to your chair. Knobs are the best way
    >> on KU still.

MPEG DVB Video