CLD-D925 error code P0

Hi,

I'm writing from France so sorry if my English is not perfect :-).

I have an irregular problem with my Pioneer CLD-D925 player. I currently
mostly use it to play audio CDs and I'm not sure the problem I'm reporting
occurs with LDs too.

When I play a CD, I randomly got the following problem: the player stops
reading the CD and the front panel displays the error code "P0". Sometimes
if I replay the same CD it works just fine. Other times, I got the error on
more time.

I've found the following link explaining that it would be a "spindle error".
http://www.igelect.force9.co.uk/perrcds.html

Could you tell me more about this and do you think there's anything I can do
myself to repair the player? I'm usually able to repair all kind of stuff
but I have no tracks at all for the current issue :-).

Many thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Thierry
5 answers Last reply
More about cld d925 error code

    If it plays LD's fine then problem is probably a spindle motor centering
    issue. If it is off-center a little then it can have problems playing
    starting CD's but LD's will play fine.

    Kurtis

    Kurtis Bahr wrote:
    > If it plays LD's fine then problem is probably a spindle motor centering
    > issue. If it is off-center a little then it can have problems playing
    > starting CD's but LD's will play fine.
    >
    > Kurtis
    >
    > Niceguy92 wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm writing from France so sorry if my English is not perfect :-).
    >>
    >> I have an irregular problem with my Pioneer CLD-D925 player. I currently
    >> mostly use it to play audio CDs and I'm not sure the problem I'm
    >> reporting
    >> occurs with LDs too.
    >>
    >> When I play a CD, I randomly got the following problem: the player stops
    >> reading the CD and the front panel displays the error code "P0".
    >> Sometimes
    >> if I replay the same CD it works just fine. Other times, I got the
    >> error on
    >> more time.
    Is it possible to fixate that problem?

    >> I've found the following link explaining that it would be a "spindle
    >> error".
    >> http://www.igelect.force9.co.uk/perrcds.html
    >>
    >> Could you tell me more about this and do you think there's anything I
    >> can do
    >> myself to repair the player? I'm usually able to repair all kind of stuff
    >> but I have no tracks at all for the current issue :-).
    >>
    >> Many thanks for your help!
    >>
    >> Best regards,
    >>
    >> Thierry

    If you can find the centering adjustment then you can put a CD in that
    will play. Turn the adjustment screw left to find the point where the
    sounds starts to break up, remember that point and quickly turn right to
    get the sound back and continue turning right until the sounds breaks
    up. Now put the adjustments screw in the middle of these two points.
    That will be close enough to work for you.

    I'm not at home to see where the adjustment screw is at for this machine.

    Kurtis

    Xadhoom wrote:

    > Kurtis Bahr wrote:
    >
    >> If it plays LD's fine then problem is probably a spindle motor
    >> centering issue. If it is off-center a little then it can have
    >> problems playing starting CD's but LD's will play fine.
    >>
    >> Kurtis
    >>
    >> Niceguy92 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I'm writing from France so sorry if my English is not perfect :-).
    >>>
    >>> I have an irregular problem with my Pioneer CLD-D925 player. I
    >>> currently
    >>> mostly use it to play audio CDs and I'm not sure the problem I'm
    >>> reporting
    >>> occurs with LDs too.
    >>>
    >>> When I play a CD, I randomly got the following problem: the player
    >>> stops
    >>> reading the CD and the front panel displays the error code "P0".
    >>> Sometimes
    >>> if I replay the same CD it works just fine. Other times, I got the
    >>> error on
    >>> more time.
    >>
    > Is it possible to fixate that problem?
    >

    >>> I've found the following link explaining that it would be a "spindle
    >>> error".
    >>> http://www.igelect.force9.co.uk/perrcds.html
    >>>
    >>> Could you tell me more about this and do you think there's anything
    >>> I can do
    >>> myself to repair the player? I'm usually able to repair all kind of
    >>> stuff
    >>> but I have no tracks at all for the current issue :-).
    >>>
    >>> Many thanks for your help!
    >>>
    >>> Best regards,
    >>>
    >>> Thierry

    Hi Kurtis,

    I've been testing LDs - NTSC and PAL ones - all the day and until now, they
    all play fine, that's at least a relief!

    Regarding CDs, they still randomly end with a P0 error. The spindle motor
    centering issue you suspect sounds like something pretty serious, doesn't
    it? Do you think that's something that can be repaired (is there parts or
    screws possibly loosened for the motor fixing?) or do you think it's more
    reasonably a normal wear for which there's nothing to do?

    Thanks a lot for your analysis.

    Regards,

    Thierry

    "Kurtis Bahr" <kbahr@erols.com> a écrit dans le message de
    > If it plays LD's fine then problem is probably a spindle motor centering
    > issue. If it is off-center a little then it can have problems playing
    > starting CD's but LD's will play fine.
    >
    > Kurtis
    >
    > Niceguy92 wrote:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >I'm writing from France so sorry if my English is not perfect :-).
    > >
    > >I have an irregular problem with my Pioneer CLD-D925 player. I currently
    > >mostly use it to play audio CDs and I'm not sure the problem I'm
    reporting
    > >occurs with LDs too.
    > >
    > >When I play a CD, I randomly got the following problem: the player stops
    > >reading the CD and the front panel displays the error code "P0".
    Sometimes
    > >if I replay the same CD it works just fine. Other times, I got the error
    on
    > >more time.
    > >
    > >I've found the following link explaining that it would be a "spindle
    error".
    > >http://www.igelect.force9.co.uk/perrcds.html
    > >
    > >Could you tell me more about this and do you think there's anything I can
    do
    > >myself to repair the player? I'm usually able to repair all kind of stuff
    > >but I have no tracks at all for the current issue :-).
    > >
    > >Many thanks for your help!
    > >
    > >Best regards,
    > >
    > >Thierry

    Hi Kurtis!

    Thank you very much for this new explanation!!

    I will have a peek to see if I find any screw looking like an adjustment
    device. And don't worry, this is not an urgent matter so I can calmly wait
    for you are back home.

    I look forward to getting more exciting news from you :-).

    Thanks again,

    > If you can find the centering adjustment then you can put a CD in that
    > will play. Turn the adjustment screw left to find the point where the
    > sounds starts to break up, remember that point and quickly turn right to
    > get the sound back and continue turning right until the sounds breaks
    > up. Now put the adjustments screw in the middle of these two points.
    > That will be close enough to work for you.
    >
    > I'm not at home to see where the adjustment screw is at for this machine.
    >
    > Kurtis

Laser Disc Players CD-Rom