Places in USA for repair of pioneer players????

Hello I have a combo CLD-2950 and a Sony MDP-600 ... the CLD-2950 needs to
be fixed and playable for both PAL and NTSC discs. The SONY quits after
flipping and playing to the end of the disc. It won't power on forever
after that. I'm not sure how long but days. I have to stop it after
flipping to prevent this problem and just put the disc in... in addition it
needs to be aligned... of course.. So who in NORTH AMERICA still does
these? There's got to be someone, even if I do have to ship it. Also
who in the UK still does the Pioneers if I can't get anyone in the USA??

Thanks.--- Former CLD-704, 2080 owner... boy I made a mistake getting rid of
the 704.. :) but i needed the cash.
6 answers Last reply
More about places usa repair pioneer players

    Send the Pioneer to Bayview Servoce in Washington state.
    www.laserdiscservice.com

    I would also recommend Kurtis Bahr, who has serviced many players from those
    in the newsgroups. Very trustworthy individual.

    Stef

    "Steve Grauman" <oneactor1@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Send the Pioneer to Bayview Servoce in Washington state.
    > www.laserdiscservice.com

    Thanks. But who is Kurtis Baher??

    "StefP" <spreza@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > I would also recommend Kurtis Bahr, who has serviced many players from
    those
    > in the newsgroups. Very trustworthy individual.
    >
    > Stef
    >
    > "Steve Grauman" <oneactor1@aol.com> wrote in message
    > > Send the Pioneer to Bayview Servoce in Washington state.
    > > www.laserdiscservice.com

    I"ve had many dealings with Kurtis Bahr. He is an electrical engineer
    who lives in Virginia. He is expert at repairing laserdisc players. He
    is also extremely talented at "tweaking" players for the best possible
    picture. This is almost an art form, not every tech can do it perfectly!
    He's repaired and tweaked several players for me and I can recommend
    him highly!
    Kevin

    I'm Kurtis Bahr

    Only issue is that I have a few players in the cue and it is an evening
    hobby after the kids are in bed. turn around time is not too quick right
    now.

    Kurtis

    In article <zBUSc.88$6G.41@fe39.usenetserver.com>,
    "Jonathan Waggoner" <jwaggon@alltel.net> wrote:

    > Hello I have a combo CLD-2950 and a Sony MDP-600 ... the CLD-2950 needs to
    > be fixed and playable for both PAL and NTSC discs. The SONY quits after
    > flipping and playing to the end of the disc. [snip]... So who in NORTH AMERICA still does
    > these? There's got to be someone, even if I do have to ship it. Also
    > who in the UK still does the Pioneers if I can't get anyone in the USA??
    >
    > Thanks.--- Former CLD-704, 2080 owner... boy I made a mistake getting rid of
    > the 704.. :) but i needed the cash.

    Two years ago I got my ancient Pioneer CLD-3080 repaired at
    Electromania, 6018 W. National Ave., West Allis WI 53214 (just outside
    of Milwaukee); 414-259-0139 (I'm not sure if they're still there). I
    think someone in this group recommended them.

    It took five months (the place is small and stacked front to back, floor
    to ceiling with electronics) but they replaced the P/U (pickup?)
    assembly for under $200, and it's still working.

    -----
    SMroz

Laser Disc Players Pioneer Sony