Can an SA D9234 rcvr be used with more than one channel?

Is the SA D9234 rcvr basically a 1 service receiver(I got one off of
Ebay[I'm beginning to regret it!LOLTalk about complicated!)(I've managed to
lock in The Outdoor Channel combo on G0)...or can it be set up for multiple
services?

--
https://www.ezinfocenter.com/8582998/Free

---
More about d9234 rcvr channel
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    Valdivar wrote:

    > Is the SA D9234 rcvr basically a 1 service receiver(I got one off of
    > Ebay[I'm beginning to regret it!LOLTalk about complicated!)(I've managed to
    > lock in The Outdoor Channel combo on G0)...or can it be set up for multiple
    > services?

    You should be able to get any FTA DVB signals that your dish can pick up.
    However, you will have to program the relevant information into the receiver.

    You can probably do a Google search to find instructions for that particular
    receiver, and then you can go to www.lyngsat.com to find out the information
    particulars for the channels that are available. Usually you just need to
    know the frequency, the polarity, and the symbol rate, but some receivers may
    require you to enter the FEC and/or video/audio PID information too.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    I have one service programmed in and at first yesterday,since I wasn't sure
    if the ku dish lnbf was still ok,I hooked the D9234 up to the ca band dish
    and had it pulling in The Outdoor Channel.

    What I'm trying to find out is how to program in more than one.I only see
    one menu there for adding services.

    Tnx for the tip,I'll try it.

    "Zoyburg" <rats@attib.com> wrote in message
    > Valdivar wrote:
    >
    > > Is the SA D9234 rcvr basically a 1 service receiver(I got one off of
    > > Ebay[I'm beginning to regret it!LOLTalk about complicated!)(I've managed
    > > lock in The Outdoor Channel combo on G0)...or can it be set up for
    multiple
    > > services?
    >
    > You should be able to get any FTA DVB signals that your dish can pick up.
    > However, you will have to program the relevant information into the
    receiver.

    > You can probably do a Google search to find instructions for that
    particular
    > receiver, and then you can go to www.lyngsat.com to find out the
    information
    > particulars for the channels that are available. Usually you just need to
    > know the frequency, the polarity, and the symbol rate, but some receivers
    may
    > require you to enter the FEC and/or video/audio PID information too.

    ---
  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:50:58 -0400, "Valdivar"
    <rebelleader68@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I have one service programmed in and at first yesterday,since I wasn't sure
    >if the ku dish lnbf was still ok,I hooked the D9234 up to the ca band dish
    >and had it pulling in The Outdoor Channel.
    >
    >What I'm trying to find out is how to program in more than one.I only see
    >one menu there for adding services.
    >
    >Tnx for the tip,I'll try it.

    If I remember right, a 9234 can hold 5 transponders. Makes a poor FTA
    receiver. The frequency scan use to be cool.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    Yeah,I figured it out.

    It'll hold 500 channels apparently.

    The idea is to go into the menu(I forget which) and change the preset,then
    the receiver resets all the parameters and one can start again and then it
    locks in the services as:

    preset 00: service 1
    preset 01: service 2 and so on

    Thanks,Zoyburg!Google listed a lot of goodies!various setup pdfs\htmls and
    one had the actual manual!

    Yeah,well,this for a separate ku band thing,so I'll get another receiver ie:
    pansat 2500 to go along with my C band dish later

    "kryppy" <kryppy@.> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:50:58 -0400, "Valdivar"
    > <rebelleader68@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I have one service programmed in and at first yesterday,since I wasn't
    sure
    > >if the ku dish lnbf was still ok,I hooked the D9234 up to the ca band
    dish
    > >and had it pulling in The Outdoor Channel.
    > >
    > >What I'm trying to find out is how to program in more than one.I only see
    > >one menu there for adding services.
    > >
    > >Tnx for the tip,I'll try it.
    >

    > If I remember right, a 9234 can hold 5 transponders. Makes a poor FTA
    > receiver. The frequency scan use to be cool.

    ---

MPEG DVB Virus